Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectYou don't care but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27044&mesg_id=27056
27056, You don't care but...
Posted by guest, Sat Feb-19-00 06:29 PM
>......actually, not that i'm in the mood <BR>>for caring about what other people <BR>>think anymore.. <P>Then why post?<P>i realize it's just <BR>>a waste of my CARING.. most <BR>>of you strong opinionated people will <BR>>probably never understand anyone but yourselves..<P>Not true, but if you would like to think so, go for it. <P>>i'd <BR>>rather not live in this labeling <BR>>world..where you succept to everything that's <BR>>happening around you...i guess there are <BR>>"us" and "them" .. "us" meaning <BR>>the people who have gotten past <BR>>traditional views and formed their own.. <BR>>and "them" as the exact opposite.. <P>So people who use labels are "them"? The unenlightened? Hate to tell you this, but we all use labels. It's convenient and it's even necessary. Male. Female. Black. White.. Okayplayer. Okayasshole. Some are nice, some are not. But you just used labels yourelf--- "us" and "them".<P><BR>>people who want to live in <BR>>the realm where nothing changes.. well <BR>>i got news for "them" .. <BR>>aint nothing changing for you EVER.. <BR>>your anger for white people or <BR>>other ethnicitys is only limiting your <BR>>knowledge ! <P>If this was directed towards me let me say this. I am not angry at white people or people of any other ethnicity in general. That is profoundly stupid and people who feel that way never make any advances. Describing the situation of race relations and perceptions is not lashing out at whites or anyone else. It is just describing what is as I see it.<P>> for my whole life everywhere i <BR>>have gone people have <BR>>had the decency to live in <BR>>their own world, realizing that the <BR>>rest of the world ("them") wont <BR>>ever change.. i see black guys <BR>>kiss white girls and vice versa <BR>>EVERYDAY at school..and i NEVER have <BR>>once "cringed" .. maybe it's because <BR>>i live in Miami.. and i <BR>>was brought up not to judge <BR>>people because of color, but because <BR>>of who they are as people.. <BR>>if my parents had judged people <BR>>like that i wouldn't be alive <BR>>today..( my mother's parents didn't want <BR>>them getting married because of ethnic <BR>>differences..).. <BR>>maybe because i go to school in <BR>>Little Haiti (the projects) and i <BR>>get on buses to go home, <BR>>where i am the only person <BR>>with light skin.. and <BR>>i understand <BR>>what it is to be stared <BR>>at.. <P>No one is asking you to prove taht you have a struggle or are a good person. You don't see color. YOu don't have a racist urge in your body? Wonderful. All I am saying is that the rest of the world does not operate on the level that you claim to operate on.<P>>u people sound like a bunch of <BR>>ASSHOLES ..get over yourselves..for real.. you <BR>>act like everything that happens distantly <BR>>in this world affects u personally.. <P>Immature statement.<P>>brittney spears and christina aguilera and <BR>>WhoeverTF u want to throw in <BR>>there is going multiplatinum and yes, <BR>>black people are buying their CDs <BR>>too.. .. (and they're not considered <BR>>RnB artists, they're considered Pop artists..) <P>No, they aren't considered R&B artists but they are. Their music has the elements of R&B although it is popish. Why do you think that Hot 97 plays that crap? <P>>and if they were black, it <BR>>doesn't mean they would go gold.. <BR>>because im sure Missy Elliot, Destiny's <BR>>Child, Blaque, and whoever else, is <BR>>going platinum.<BR>You are not completely correct. Check Billboard, hon. But your point is well taken. Some black R&B groups do very well. But white groups have a far easier time. <P><BR> what about puff daddy <BR>>or master p or the hotboys? <BR>>are they white too? no. what <BR>>about Jay-Z and will smith and <BR>>Dr. dre? what about Tyrese and <BR>>Ginuwine and Brandy and Monica? and <BR>>they've gone platinum..Wow.. a few white <BR>>artists come out and there's a <BR>>craze over them, and suddenly IF <BR>>they were black they wouldnt be <BR>>where they are.. it has nothing <BR>>to do with color.. im sorry.. <P>Why is it that people want to act as if white skin privilege does not exist anymore? You're sorry? No one has asked you to apologize. But it is a fact. <P>>a lot more black artists are <BR>>in the mainstream spotlight these days.. <P>Yes. And? <P>>and most of them, black and <BR>>white, are WACK AS HELL <P>Uh huh. <P>>..once <BR>>again, music has no color in <BR>>MY eyes... maybe not in society's <BR>>eyes or this world's eyes.. call <BR>>me anti-society.. <BR>>i wont lower myself <BR>>to live in this superficial ass <BR>>world.. and allow myself to give <BR>>in to it.. <P>Hold on to your ideals but you cannot deny what is real or attempt to marginalize other peoples' struggles. I am not asking you to say, "Yes! HipHop is black! Die Eminem, die!" but I am asking you to grasp where that mentality comes from. <P>>eff everyone -c a s s a n d r a <P>we love you too.<P><P><P><P>