Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject....as my grandmama says "oye mija.. que pinga es eso"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=27044&mesg_id=27055
27055, ....as my grandmama says "oye mija.. que pinga es eso"
Posted by guest, Sat Feb-19-00 06:02 PM
......actually, not that i'm in the mood for caring about what other people think anymore.. i realize it's just a waste of my CARING.. most of you strong opinionated people will probably never understand anyone but yourselves..i'd rather not live in this labeling world..where you succept to everything that's happening around you...i guess there are "us" and "them" .. "us" meaning the people who have gotten past traditional views and formed their own.. and "them" as the exact opposite.. people who want to live in the realm where nothing changes.. well i got news for "them" .. aint nothing changing for you EVER.. your anger for white people or other ethnicitys is only limiting your knowledge !<P> for my whole life everywhere i have gone people have had the decency to live in their own world, realizing that the rest of the world ("them") wont ever change.. i see black guys kiss white girls and vice versa EVERYDAY at school..and i NEVER have once "cringed" .. maybe it's because i live in Miami.. and i was brought up not to judge people because of color, but because of who they are as people.. if my parents had judged people like that i wouldn't be alive today..( my mother's parents didn't want them getting married because of ethnic differences..)..<P>maybe because i go to school in Little Haiti (the projects) and i get on buses to go home, where i am the only person with light skin.. and i understand what it is to be stared at.. <P>u people sound like a bunch of ASSHOLES ..get over yourselves..for real.. you act like everything that happens distantly in this world affects u personally.. brittney spears and christina aguilera and WhoeverTF u want to throw in there is going multiplatinum and yes, black people are buying their CDs too.. .. (and they're not considered RnB artists, they're considered Pop artists..) and if they were black, it doesn't mean they would go gold.. because im sure Missy Elliot, Destiny's Child, Blaque, and whoever else, is going platinum.. what about puff daddy or master p or the hotboys? are they white too? no. what about Jay-Z and will smith and Dr. dre? what about Tyrese and Ginuwine and Brandy and Monica? and they've gone platinum..Wow.. a few white artists come out and there's a craze over them, and suddenly IF they were black they wouldnt be where they are.. it has nothing to do with color.. im sorry.. a lot more black artists are in the mainstream spotlight these days.. and most of them, black and white, are WACK AS HELL ..once again, music has no color in MY eyes... maybe not in society's eyes or this world's eyes.. call me anti-society.. i wont lower myself to live in this superficial ass world.. and allow myself to give in to it..<P>eff everyone<BR>-c a s s a n d r a<P>"what have i done to deserve this?<BR>am i happy?<BR>happiness is a mediocre standard for a middle class existence<BR>i see through smiles <BR>and smell truth in the distance<P>beyond one dimensional smiles and laughter <BR>lies the hereafter:<BR>where tears echo laughter<BR><BR>divide a smile by a tear<BR>times fear<BR>equals mere truth<P>that simply swells in the air<BR>but if that's the case <BR>all i have to do is breathe<BR>and all else will follow<BR>that's why drums are hollow<BR>..and i like drums<BR>..drums are good..but i can't think straight<BR>i lack the attention span to meditate<BR>my attention spans galaxies<BR>here and now are immense<BR>seconds are secular<BR>moments are mine<BR>self is illusion<BR>music's divine ...."<BR>-Saul Williams "untimely meditations