Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectkd's "do's" and "don'ts"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26947&mesg_id=26984
26984, kd's "do's" and "don'ts"
Posted by KD, Fri Feb-18-00 09:05 AM
DO- feel free to voice your opinions on any okayartist's piece of work (ie: voodoo, like water for chocolate, the once & future, etc.), other okayplayer's posts/threads, or create your own...(everyone has the right to hold their opinion, whether it's by agreeing or critiquing)<P>DON'T- a)knock an opinion or piece of work, strictly for the sake of disagreeing and separating yourself from the masses (incorporoate some type of substance to support your ideas and opinions)<BR> - b)abuse this luxury of communicating directly with the artists...it's a privilege to have them listen to our questions and concerns, let's not take it for granted that they'll respond<BR> - c)disrepect another brother's/sister's opinions/beliefs because they disagreed with yours(as i mentioned above, eveyone's entitled to there own opinions and they don't have to be a "hater" or "dickrider" because they see things differently than you)<P>in conclusion, i've been frequently posting on this site since since last march, but i don't consider my self a vet or an "original okayplayer"...i'm just a 29 year-old fan of the roots and good music in general...if i find that i hold the same opinion on a certain topic (ie: voodoo is hot!)as the majority of okayplayers, then i don't consider myself "jockin'" quest, d, or anyone else...i think it's love that others are inspired by music in the same way...if my opinion goes against the grain of the masses, i hope others RESPECT it even if they disagee...negativity has been the cause of a lot of players limiting their posts or better yet, not posting at all...love is love y'all...peace!