Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBut this is a entertainment industry
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26897&mesg_id=26915
26915, But this is a entertainment industry
Posted by jefleejohnson, Sat Feb-12-00 11:48 AM
>but i have to disagree. i have <BR>>some ideas to spill so i <BR>>may not really be replying to <BR>>anything myself. <BR>>I think that you can clearly say, <BR>>what is good and what is <BR>>bad rap. about rap dying? i <BR>>dont think it is dying, but <BR>>i do think that everything common <BR>>said about h.e.r. is true. There <BR>>are too many cats out there <BR>>with true love of the game, <BR>>like common and many others to <BR>>keep it alive. <BR>>anyway blah blah blah rap changes with <BR>>society. so now we have this <BR>>society in control of the state <BR>>of hip hop and what i <BR>>am saying and that too many <BR>>cats without skill, are getting put <BR>>on. why? cuz master p and <BR>>his hootie hoo stolen style, effing <BR>>666 mafia, and (i gotta take <BR>>it to NY) puffy, and DMX <BR>>gets white folks to buy the <BR>>records. cats in the industry know <BR>>that if rappers with a little <BR>>something to say on anylevel (be <BR>>it creative lyrics or an inspirational <BR>>message) that cant be felt or <BR>>appreciated by whites. when was the <BR>>last time that anyone with skill <BR>>got put on? prolly in 95 <BR>>with shawn carter. now it is <BR>>cats like him and beenie mac <BR>>and nas (and you have to <BR>>know that he still has skills <BR>>because of I am, project windows, <BR>>and other singles) that have skills <BR>>but dont do anything with them <BR>>half the time. <BR>>Rakim can make a party song and <BR>>still have ill lyrics. is there <BR>>anything wrong with that? why must <BR>>the more fun to listen to <BR>>beats get watered down by crappy <BR>>lyrics? honestly i really cant appreciate <BR>>dmx (even if was on some <BR>>neo-tupac ish) or the hotboys or <BR>>no limit. and i dont see <BR>>how they are doing anything for <BR>>hip hop. <P><BR>Its a entertainment industry its obviously serving a purpose for something Hip hop will never die as long as somebody rhymes to a beat in their room or their radio. Its up to the people in the end whats entertaining. <P>