Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecti know i'm gushing buttttt
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26717&mesg_id=26877
26877, i know i'm gushing buttttt
Posted by guest, Tue Feb-15-00 02:58 PM
you sir, are the the culmination of american music history. all greatness stems from tradition, all art based on the notion of repetition with variation. all we can ever hope to be is just slightly more than the sum of our parts. i'm thrilled at last that someone is taking the wheel just in time to avoid that drop off of doom, cultural abyss. if i have see one more black man shoving money into the camera's face, show off one more rolex, bmw, fur coat, silver tooth, or pit bull dog, i'm gonna go postal!!!<P>your adherance to quality, artistry, and conscience is remeniscent of musical stalwarts like miles davis, james brown, and marvin gaye. thank you for saving us all, and hopefully, shaking prince out of the self-indulgent stupor he seems to be unable to shake off; the implied challenge in "voodoo" may be the just what the artist we all still call prince needed, a wake-up call to his own redemption.<P>thanks again for that hoo doo that you do so well.