Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThe Album is So Fly!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26717&mesg_id=26783
26783, The Album is So Fly!!!!
Posted by C_Jon, Tue Jan-25-00 08:14 PM
D,<BR> Words cannot express my gratitude for this album. I was literally skipping when I went to rasputins today, because I knew I was about to get the remedy for my case of the voodoo flu.(1 minute of voodoo will clear that right up!) WOW man!! When I got into the store I was some what scared, I mean I knew your album would be there, but then again: it I was like what if my nightmare that I had the night before comes true. What if the releasing people decided to hold back the release of this album "One mo'gin"(which happens to be one of my favorite songs)?!!! I would probably just have to jump out of the window(lol- just kidding). <BR> I walked between the metal detectors and past the security guards and the first thing I heard was Method Man and Redman rapping to "Left and Right" and that is when I knew that the day had finally come!!! <BR> I grabbed the first Cd I could find.There were so many. I wanted to buy all of them just for the hell of it!!(even though I know my college budget would not allow that) I stopped to listen to the next track on the radio in the store and it was track No.4 "the Line". I felt a big cheezy smile come on so I ran to the soul section and pretended like I was looking for something. I could not move. I felt my body literally grooving from the inside out. It was true magic!!!!!I walked around the store to the alternative section, so I could take a peek and see if anyone turned in any used Lenny Kravitz Cd's(somebody clippeed mine so I have to restock on that cats stuff- I know you listen to him right?) And then the most amazing sound rang through my head. My favorite song -that I have been singing since your recent concert(and the song that I played over and over until my soul blends tape broke)- "Send it on" came on. I almost hit a back flip!!! I wanted to stand there and listen some more,but I had to get back to school for my one o'clocl class was soon to start.I began to feel sad,because I wanted to listen some more, but then I remembered my whole purpose of coming to the darn store was to buy your Cd. <BR> I went to the purchase line and paid for the cd and then the sales girl told me that I could get a free poster with my purchase, so she sat the bag on the other side of the counter(near the exit where any fool could have picked it up, but they did not thank GOd!)until I came back. I went to the drawer and got a lovely poster of you and went back to claim my prize. <BR> I was so happy that I almost missed my step when I exited the store. As I walked to my car my left mind was going crazy shouting "I got my voodoo, I got my voodoo" then my right mind(I believe my conscience) said "chill out it is only a cd" then my left mind replied " but its Voodoo" and my right mind agreed and shouted a little too!!! I got to my car and almost ripped the cd to shreds(they sure do tape the stuff up real tight). I carefully lifted the cd out of its case and pushed the eject button to release The Toni's House of Music Album(aren't they cool!). I put in the cd and proceeded to drive to my school. The five minutes that it takes to get to my school seemed like five seconds. I sat in the parking lot and read the letter in the cd booklet. I felt tears come to my eyes. (that was so deep and true). Nobody ever thinks of music that way it is so darn (I think I am going to say it) Puff Daddy COmericailized(darn it I said it). It was kind of like those words were takin out of my mind. <BR>Well back to the real reason why I wrote this letter!(I can get to talkin and then forget exactly what I was talking about) YOur album is totally fly!!!! I knew it!!!!!It is the bomb!!!You are starting to change my feelings about the non-original music of generation X. Even though I know we still have along way to go, I am glad you decided to go with what is in your heart and not what you want in your pockets. Thank you man. With you and these other real musical cats(who do there own stuff and not commericiallize it) I think there might be some form of hope for this musically-challenged generation.<BR>Sincerely,<BR>C.Jontay<BR> <BR>"I am still trying to formulate a quoteable quote.....one that is unique,intricate, and orginal...."___me