Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectNo, thanks you, for real
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26717&mesg_id=26773
26773, No, thanks you, for real
Posted by guest, Tue Jan-25-00 04:57 PM
I feel like this CD is my baby too. I've been waiting for it since the release of Brown Sugar. A lot of my friends are crying, "It's not the same as Brown Sugar." I get disgusted and tell them that's point. D is showing us an evolution from what he was to what he has become. Brown Sugar was great but Voodoo is on another level, at a different stage. Then again, I can't expect them to understand because they are not musicians like myself and they prefer anything that makes their 12s jump. I appreciate the complexity and the variety that you have given us this time around. I fought three freshman girls, (I'm a junior in college) to be the first to have it at midnight and I won (I didn't really fight, I just out-smarted them). By 12:07, I was in my car jamming. At 12:10, you had put the Voodoo on me something dirty. Thank you, it was definitely worth the wait but um, please, don't be gone so long and try to come to Detroit on tour. Babygirl.