Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectU GOT IT BACKWARDS!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26717&mesg_id=26746
26746, U GOT IT BACKWARDS!
Posted by Nesta, Tue Jan-25-00 06:29 AM
<BR>Thank you!!!!<P>But if you're really interested in thanking me you can send me atape of all the stuff you left off the album. I could care less about the format, reel to reel, 8 track, DAT, mini-disc, mp3, aiff, cassette...<P><BR>“What are the rewards of those who tend to their God-given talents as they would have the creator tend to their spirits and daily lives? What happens when the artist becomes the conjur man? These are questions that seem to be null and void in the face of all the glitter and glamour that has dominated most successful balck artistry of recent years. We seem to be more preoccupied with cultivating our bank accounts than cultivating our crafts. Nowadays, I find my peers more inspired by an artist's business tactics than their artistry. In fact, we do not seem to mind an artistry that suffers in the face of seemingly good business. More artists yearn to own their own labels, etc. than they seem to yearn to master their crafts. No, we cannot allow any more Bessie Smiths to occur, but once an artist owns their own publishing the question then becomes, what are you going to publish?”<P>The VooDoo Manifesto – Saul Williams