Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectHold Up Now.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26609&mesg_id=26624
26624, Hold Up Now.
Posted by guest, Fri Feb-25-00 06:55 AM
>yo I was just sittin here chillin <BR>>watchin "The Daily Show" and no <BR>>Jon Stewart did not just diss <BR>>The Roots....<P>Actually, It wasnt really a diss at all. Especially seeing what they did to everyone else. <P>>well he was dissing other <BR>>artists too (Christina Aguillera, Elton John, <BR>>J. Lopez, Puffy) but this one <BR>>hit home nahmean, makin fun of <BR>>Black Thought's slang,<P>Funny is funny. You know white humor loves making fun of slang.<P>>and even poked <BR>>fun at ?uest (makin fun of <BR>>?uest's shoutout of okayplayer.com) <P>Cant say I saw this. And I watch the whole thing. Trying to start up something on the boards maybe? <P>>saying he <BR>>was "forgetful" (while a supposedly playful <BR>>Stewart was brushing his teeth-- a <BR>>crack on ?uest leaving his pick <BR>>in his hair)<P>You didnt get that joke?! Maybe someone else should have posted on this..... I thought it was funny. Anybody that saw the segment agree?<P>>...so to Jon Stewart <BR>>I give a big EFF YOU!!! <P>Listen, ANY show that can make Jon Stewart funny is a masterpeice. Keep you pants on, its suppose to be fun.<P>Peace and love,<BR>-Ben (iLL)<P><P>"We Love Hip Hop!" -The Cake<P>"There's no fighting in the war room!" -The President (Peter Sellers) in "Dr. Strangelove"<P>A man that works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his brain is a craftsman; but a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist. -Louis Nizer<P>I can't knock you for not knowing/ But I could for you not wanting to learn/ Nor for asking/ But I could for you not willing to earn/ No I can't, for someone to even havta tell me twice/ So this music is my sacrifice/ So I be dedicated, determinated, and dependable/ To demonstrate directly/ And use the opportunity correctly/ So forget the gold teeth/ Forget the bald head/ forget it sound country/ Just remember what I said... -Atlanta's own Cee-Loo