Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecttake it easy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26609&mesg_id=26614
26614, take it easy
Posted by AFKAP_of_Darkness, Fri Feb-25-00 03:32 AM
i don't think it was jon stewart who make the joke on "the daily show" about "the great day in hip-hop." it was craig kilborn. unless jon stewart did it somewhere else.<P>i think stewart's really funny, though... and if you're a regular viewer of "the daily show," you'll know that's just their steez. he didn't say anything really bad. it's just when tariq said "knowmsayn?" stewart sat with a blank stare and said, " yes, i am fully aware of the ramifications of that which you have just stated," or something. then they cut to tariq saying, "we're taking this here to philly, knowmsayn?" and thent hey cut back to stewart, "as i said before, i am aware of the ramifications of that which you have just said." it was actually kinda funny... i mean, i would've laughed if it weren't the roots.<P>what I'M really pissed about is moby saying the roots won "in theory." i mean, who the fuck was HE rooting for? dre? busta? okay, i can dig that, but no need to rain on someone's long-awaited day in the sun like that. i mean, if it were DMX, would he have dissed him to his face like that? or does he feel safe to talk shit because the roots are "soft"?<BR>