Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThen don't have a website
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26506&mesg_id=26534
26534, Then don't have a website
Posted by Nesta, Fri Feb-25-00 10:42 AM
This is a forum to discuss the artists work. And that's what he is doing. Regardless if I agree or not. No where did he say Com was garbage, nor de he say that Com's album sucked. he said it didn't live up to his preconceivd notions based on the hype and that it sounds too much like a Roots album (which I think is bullshit).<P>If Common doesn't want anyone to not critique his work don't record and specifically he should go to MCA and pimp smack whoever put his shit out there early. <P>When Quest and JDET313 and others were saying that Com's album was the greatest thing since Illmatic, I didn't hear you protesting at all. You obvioulsy didn't have problems with those unsolicited critiques.<P>Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the motherfucker upside the head...