Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI have to strongly disagree with Quest
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26506&mesg_id=26526
26526, I have to strongly disagree with Quest
Posted by guest, Mon Mar-06-00 08:06 AM
> okay so you're saying that this <BR>>record is not better than can <BR>>i borrow a dollar? <BR>>ressurection? <BR>>one day...? <BR>>and if not, then tell me why? <P>Here's why. I think that musically (what many like to call 'beat-wise'), that FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD SO FAR, this is probably his best album. BUT, lyrically, both 'Resurrection' and 'One Day' are better IMO (lyrics won't change when it gets mastered). Resurrection was probably the best lyrical album of all time, and was very well produced also. And 'One Day' has better concepts, AND i think 'One Day' was ALMOST produced as well as the new record, FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD. <P>So, IMO, I think that One Day is better than the new record (mostly due to the rhymes, and I can judge those on an unmastered version), and that the new record is about even with 'Resurrection'.<P>Now, check it, don't get me wrong, Common is unquestionably the best emcee in hip-hop right now, and this record is the best to come out since 'One Day' in 97 (no offense to the Roots record.. definitely the best of 99 and best album between the 2).<BR>