Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSay Word
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26506&mesg_id=26516
26516, Say Word
Posted by Nesta, Sun Feb-27-00 11:21 AM
>So, u tell me, what is a <BR>>"Common" song supposed to sound like? <BR>> Do u want to hear <BR>>100 different joints that all sound <BR>>like I USed 2 Love HER?! <BR>> Or 50 different versions of <BR>>"1,2 Many"? Since when did <BR>>Common have to be pigeonholed into <BR>>one sound? And u cant <BR>>say that this album sounds like <BR>>a Roots album, because they didnt <BR>>do it all! I can name <BR>>at least six joints that dont <BR>>sound like anything the Roots have <BR>>done: "Time Travellin'", "Afrodisiac", "Payback", "Funky <BR>>for U", "Hot Shit" (r u <BR>>kidding me? what Roots song does <BR>>this sound like? sheeit, name ANY <BR>>song that it sounds like), "Thelonius" <BR>>-please stop me at any time. <P>I have to agree with you. It's not a "Roots" sound. Heads need to listen.<P><BR>> And no, i never skip <BR>>past Pop's Rap, maybe he's just <BR>>too deep for u son. <P>Commandment 11. THOU SHALT NEVER SKIP PAST POP'S RAP!!!!!!<P><BR>Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the motherfucker upside the head...