Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectST ANDREWS!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26454&mesg_id=26483
26483, ST ANDREWS!!!!
Posted by Mpozi, Mon Mar-06-00 04:27 PM
that proves my point about publicity/talent... i was at some WACK assed sports bar/booty rump shakin club RIGHT NEXT DOOR to st andrews in like july of '95 or something trying to explain to somebody who the roots were (they'd asked if they might have ever seen any of my pictures anyplace) and was gettin CLOWNED "jazz hip hop HUH?" type vibes...<BR>the very next year, St. Andrews is busting out at the seams with the ROOTS/FUGEES/GOODIE MOB show (i was on tour wit the Fu's for VIBE) and people are just sweatin to death tryin to catch a breath of fresh air up in the spot... excellent concert by the way... i dig that spot, it's like a really tiny version of (damn i must be tired i cant remember the name of the spot in ny i'm tryin to think of... not the paladium... no the knitting factory... not webster hall... i shot tricky there... ahh efff it!)... anyway, if you saw the piece in VIBE (the summer double issue with the Fugees on the cover) that double silhouette of clef and L was in the upstairs hall outside the bathroom...<BR>RED WINGS REPRESENT YO!<P>PoZi (;=