Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectword...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26454&mesg_id=26460
26460, word...
Posted by Mpozi, Sun Mar-05-00 04:27 PM
i actually feel kind of hapy/melancholy about some of them days... i mean i'm 27 years old now, when we first started putin all this together i was like what 17, 18? so it's kinda strange to se the old (floyd lyric here) "ten years have gone behind you no one told you when to run..." thing goin on...<P>but at the same time, it's positive to be sitting here in my own crazy photojournalism world watching millions of people dig on some cats that used to literally play on south st. i guess its a feeling of some sort of confirmation of effort dig?<P>i mean damn- somebody was asking who Major Jackson was (he wrote the liner notes for DYWM) and i remember Major interviewing ahmir/quest just before dywm dropped and q was kinda like i don't even know if were gonna be around in ten years.... shit none of us did... not that (sadly in this urbanized world thats an unusual convo- diallo dig?) we were doom sayers, but philly is such a repressive place to be, we lived on beadies, pretzels and dreams...<P>so i'm effin STOKED!!!!<P>dig?<P>i even dig some of the more "negative" posts that go on- anything that stimulates the kind of conversations that i've seen on this board is cool wit me... <BR>