Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectyo-
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26454&mesg_id=26458
26458, yo-
Posted by Mpozi, Sun Mar-05-00 03:58 PM
yo, for a hot minute in 93, organyx, buloon mindstate, and a love supreme was all i listened to- literally... especialy organix, cause the only roots stuf that existed outside of the ubiquitous live shows (street corners trocadero chestnut cabaret) was whatever scratchy ass tapes people had from freestyle sessions of riq embarraing peeps...<P>yo, i remember people were even wondering if the album would be any good! i mean not that we were doubting/hating, but imagine seeing pink floyd live back in 67, then copping some vinyl... be kinda paranoid about the translation...<P>so when it came out (i don't remember the original quantity of the pressing) it was like ghetto platinum within days... i got my copy from quest clasic jack style... <P>caught him gettin on the westbound el shuttle bus at the clothespin like 3am and bumrushed the bus for a copy! <P>yo, thems was some fun days! like riq, josh, crumbs/malik and the 500000000000000000000 deep foreign objects crew... at some shows, there were arguably as many people in line for the "Session" as there were in the audience... LOL!<P>PoZi (;=