Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBTW, ?uest....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26431&mesg_id=26440
26440, BTW, ?uest....
Posted by guest, Tue Mar-07-00 06:50 AM
Will this tour be setup something like The "Common Evening With Roots" series y'all did where Com played WITH y'all? At least on some shows. I know y'all did the State in Detroit like that last March (which by the way was WAAAAAAAY more than I expected making it the best concert I've EVER attended).<P>Also, just wanna take a moment to curse all the cheap people.<P>FUCK ALL Y'ALL CHEAP MUHFUCKAS!!!!!! IF MIKE JACKSON ASKED FOR 60 DOLLARS FOR BALCONY SEATS, HALF OF Y'ALL WOULD WRITE HIM A BLANK CHECK!!!!<P>that's it.<P><BR>gB (T.O.K.P.A.K.A. tREBLEFREE)<BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<BR>A lot of rich players are making wack-ass music, that's the bottom line! - Talib Kweli<P>WACK ENTERTAINMENT IS LIKE BAD PUSSY...PLENTIFUL AND CHEAP.... - a very angry but non-sexist cat known as gB<P>I listen with stylistic innocence as well as critical intelligence; I identify genres but ignore their limits... - Joshua Redman<P>Invest NO level of self into this system of PAGANomics... - BIG RUBE<P>I've been to enough sessions, and heard enough stories to back my claim that hip-hop is now following the road to "black music hell" (quality for dollars)... - ?uest<P>Killin fields need blood to graze the cash cow<BR>It's a number game, but shit don't add up somehow<BR>Like I got, 16 to 32 bars to rock it<BR>but only 15% of profits, ever see my pockets... - Mos Def<P>I could give a fuck what you made in a year<BR>NIGGA YOU WACK!!<BR>A soft nigga on a hard track<BR>In this new rap generation<BR>I "X" cats like a muslim<BR>He fell off 'cause I pushed him... - Common<P>For the artist who at his/her core just needs to be heard for the sake of his/her own sanity (and found some other way to feed his/her seeds): Staying underground is the only guarantee that he or she will be able to look in the mirror without feeling desperately ill. - Akiba Solomon ("Why Stay Underground", The Source Nov. 1999 Issue)