Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecteyedon't givafuuuuuc!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26431&mesg_id=26433
26433, eyedon't givafuuuuuc!!
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-02-00 01:08 PM
i was one of the happiest men alive when i heard that d'angelo and mos def were touring together. until my sis told me the cheapest ticket in new york was $50. i said, "muthafuca say what?" d'angelo is dope. and mos def is awsome.<P>d'angelo is dope, but he ain't prince no matter how much he tries to be. the most expensive prince ticket for his emancipation tour in baltimore was $60. but he is prince. d'angelo ain't even worth it.<P>stop being greedy. i heard that artist make their most profits from touring.so if he is making 100 bucks per dome (i don't care how much radio city music hall cost) he is making dough. i don't even think michael jackson's bad tour was that exspensive.<P>i respect punkrockers who perform in small venues and charge their fans usually no more than $10, i know that there are circumstances that allow them to do this, but when i'm a famous rockstar i'm going to try to stick to this theroy of playing for playing's sake and not to make as much money as possible. what ever happened to enjoying performing and making sure your fans enjoyed the performance. looking at mos def and d'angelo through binoculars is not my idea of having a good time.<P>-naeem j.