Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectAgain....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26431&mesg_id=26432
26432, Again....
Posted by Nesta, Thu Mar-02-00 12:43 PM
Damn I wish I could find when I replied before. <BR>1.) I don't know the US/Canada exchnage rate. <BR>I'm paying $72 US per ticket<P>2.) This is a serious tour my man. When D toured for Brown Sugar he played small venues like Tramps in NYC where they could charge $15-$20US a head. Now D's performing at spots like Radio City Musci Hall. these places cost money my friend, there is no getting around that.<P>3.) Additionally D is more popular now. IF D was touring at little spots that only held 500 people everyone would be complainig that they couldn't see him adn the show was 21 and over and things like that. Can't have it both ways. He needs the bigger venues to fulfill the demand for his services.<P>4.) TOURS COST MONEY. Band has to be paid, D has to pay himself, pay the tour managers, pay booking agents, air and hotel costs, food costs, roadies, etc., etc. These things don't come cheap. <P>Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the motherfucker upside the head...