Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectwell, what do i owe you?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26367&mesg_id=26391
26391, well, what do i owe you?
Posted by qoolquest, Tue Mar-07-00 04:46 PM
<BR>>To say you don't owe your fans <BR>>and supporters "a damn thing"... that's <BR>>effed up. That's about the <BR>>most effed up thing I've read <BR>>all year. Do you go <BR>>back and read what you write <BR>>before you post it? If <BR>>you don't owe your supporters a <BR>>damn thing, then what's an acceptance <BR>>speech for? Just walk up <BR>>on stage, take your Grammy, say <BR>>"I'd like to thank myself for <BR>>making this all possible," and go <BR>>back to your seat.<P><BR>look. there is no writen law that says "i owe someone something" all that i give is my own free will. if that was the case then where is my OJ prize? mike owes me an autograph for the 13 copies of Thriller i purchased. you are confusing the words: "owe" and "thankful". did you read anywhere in which i said i wasn't greatful? i mean come on.....last night's response was a late night response. and i really didn't read the fine print (read: ignored most of the post and cut to the chase) but now i'm like.....what the fuck? how much more of my life do you want? even as i speak right now i'm missing the last day of mardi gras defending this bullshit. what do you want? list specifics. there is no law that says: "pick up the check everytime you take 10 or more players to dinner"....but i do. there is no law that says: "i have to shell out $600 so that the players can see a show" (and y'all thought that i just put y'all on the list? that comes from my pocket)look, before this becomes a vein self congratulatory thing lemme say again, there is no law that says i owe anything. i'm required to make music. label gives me money, i give them the masters. i promote it. no one told that i owed anyone anything. i do it all on free will and love.<P>"do i look like a godamn rolemodel?"<BR>-ice cube, 1989<P>THE SOULQUARIANS<BR>chewy (quest).....jan<BR>luke (d)........feb <BR>lando (jaydee)......feb<BR>cp30 (james poyser).....jan<BR>r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan<BR>hans (chaos)........jan<BR>anakin (lil mike)......feb<P>honorary members:<BR>kelo- soulacorn.......jan<BR>common- soulcies......march<BR>erykah- soulcies......feb<BR>zack- soulicorn.......feb<P>(AFTER SEEING MY PERFORMANCE FOR THE FIRST TIME, MY IDOL STEVE FERRONE EMAILED ME THIS LETTER.....)<P>Opening fill from "person to person". ....... $100.00<BR>Cute fill betwween hi hat, bass drum and snare ....... $1500.00<BR>Horn line from "Love Your Life" ..... $10,000.35<BR>Breakfast with Ferrone.... Gratis<P>The reason you are being charged for the horn line is that it was probably your idea to use it!<P>You da man! Great show! Really nice pocket! Call or e-mail sometime, and take care out there.<BR>818-***-****<P>God Bless,<P>Stephen Ferrone.<BR>