Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectcan't speak for him but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26367&mesg_id=26384
26384, can't speak for him but...
Posted by guest, Mon Mar-06-00 11:16 PM
in my opinion (READ: MY OPINION) I feel as if he tries more than most to show his appreciation for the fans' support. I also feel like everyone deserves a moment's peace. As far as the tour diary you are quoting, it seems like you are reading a bit too much into it. To me, it seemed like he was dreading the "I love the Roots" male groupie-wannabe types. whatever.<P>I feel like artists like the Roots are doing what they do because of their love of music and an attempt to further hone their craft. I don't feel as if we, the fans, "make" the artist. what we do, is, show our support by buying the music, seeing the shows, etc. i don't feel that this entitles us to have them on a leash, asking them to obey our every command. i do feel that no matter how talented an artist may be, they should in every way attempt to remain humble and appreciative, but come on, they're human like everyone else.<P><BR>deejaydub