Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectto answer the question...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26317&mesg_id=26358
26358, to answer the question...
Posted by Vet, Thu Mar-02-00 06:17 AM
he doesn't get called on the bitch and hoe stuff because that's how a lot of people feel about most women. what ppl call misogony is accepted by most of us in day to day life and music. It doesn't bother me 'cause i say the same things and yes I am a woman. I say the same "homophobic" phrases. maybe it's the water out of lake michigan... I'm listening to common right now and i couldnt' tell you if i even heard him say bitch or hoe. i guess they do have a special mute mode for women. the only time i can remember hearing it is in my fave song "real nigga quotes" when he said "tell yo' bitch to calm down" i found it funny 'cause that's what i'd say. anyway... part of it is delivery. it's that fine line in tone that makes the difference. if he was calling females out the way he called immature it would make a big difference. it's just like violence, if you can make your target faceless, less than human then it's easier to do what you have to do. same with language, if you don't put a specific person with the deragatory statement then it's easy to say "he's not talking about me." like i said before it's also in the tone, if i don't feel a maliciousness in the persons words i'm not tripping. enough ramblings... <P><BR>a wise man once said/an eye for an eye/leaves everybody blind/i’ve always listened/but today i’ve grown deaf/eye for an i/i/am preparing to go to war/but i can’t see to find my sword - incogx<P>But what kind of genetically engineered cyborg are you to remember what you were doing at age 1?!? - Ornery<P>skidmarks. they're not just for underwear anymore. - crash bandicoot<P>'i feel you like, tomaz zamot ya know' - donwill<P>yardicus: hey don't laugh! I can rock the hell out a miniskirt and some "hooker heels..."<P>yardicus: Not to mention, my superb flynes when rocking a string of pearls...<P>just think/just think/ what if you could just/just blink your tag - Black Thought HOB 99<P>bAttlin me is like some KEDS tryna mess wit NEW BALANCES.. -Sporatic<P>dick hed mcs, wit dem flacid, phalic soundin subjects- one of those jail urine roach xylophone nukkas (jurx-donwill)