Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI wasn't gonna reply, but I got a trigger finger!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26247&mesg_id=26305
26305, I wasn't gonna reply, but I got a trigger finger!
Posted by fire, Mon Mar-06-00 07:47 AM
>I own all 3 of your albums <BR>>that I purchased my hard earned <BR>>money on. And have seen <BR>>you live every chance I can <BR>>get, driving over 300 miles to <BR>>do so. But I will <BR>>not go to the store and <BR>>buy this album. I am <BR>>sorry you feel that soundscan dictates <BR>>your success for you. But <BR>>I do not think you should <BR>>dare place the blame on fans <BR>>like myself and others of your <BR>>music who have chosen to download <BR>>YOUR album that YOUR record label <BR>>LEAKED OUT to this audience. <P>Hmmmmm, so if doing something is wrong, even if a record company does it, does that make it right? I don't think so. In the words of my beautiful mother, "wrong is wrong if everybody's wrong.".<P>>Maybe you should have realized that most <BR>>of the fans on this site <BR>>specifically, and worldwide generally, don't know <BR>>that when they go to Tower <BR>>Records or Sam Goody and spend <BR>>money on your CD rather than <BR>>a sandwich for lunch. <P>Not to be ignorant or anything, well, to be ignorant, but if your ass is hungry and you buy an album over a meal, YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!!! ANd I say that with surety and sincerity.<P>>I will have one of my friends <BR>>download the album for me and <BR>>photocopy the album cover and credits. <P>That's pretty fucked up!<P>> Because there is a bigger <BR>>issue at hand. <P>YOU ARE A CHEAPSKATE, that's the bigger issue.<P>The issue <BR>>is that when I purchase your <BR>>album, I am willing to bet <BR>>that more than half of the <BR>>proceeds go to the the MAN <BR>>at Universal. <P>Every album you own, if you own any the right way, the money goes to the "man". Get used to it, get over it and get with it.<P>I will not <BR>>stand for that. <P>Uh, hello? Do you live IN America? It's called capitalism. Free enterprise. Marketing. Most record labels, big and small are based on it. Do you grow your own food? Make your own clothes? Get a fucking grip! Why am I even continuing this response?<P>Call me <BR>>a radical for believing that when <BR>>I purchase an album I want <BR>>the money to go to the <BR>>artist. <P>Welcome to reality.<P>So I ASK you, <BR>>to email me back with your <BR>>home address and I will send <BR>>you a money order addressed to <BR>>you for whatever percentage you and <BR>>your crew WOULD have gotten from <BR>>me going to the record store <BR>>and spending my $15-20 (whatever ridiculous <BR>>fee they charging now) PLUS 9% <BR>>Sales Tax in the State of <BR>>Washington. I don't have all <BR>>the answers. But I do <BR>>know that this muthafuckin industry is <BR>>EVIL. And I would LOVE <BR>>to be apart of tearing it <BR>>down and seeing artists represent themselves <BR>>grassroots style. FUCK THE INDUSTRY, <BR>>when I download your album for <BR>>free and do not purchasing it, <BR>>I'm not trying to diss you, <BR>>I'm dissing the men pulling strings <BR>>above you, not to say you <BR>>are a puppet, but financially, man...Isn't <BR>>your message more important? It <BR>>is to me. Don't fall <BR>>into their trap. If I'm <BR>>an asshole let me know, I <BR>>am pretty good at taking criticism. <BR>> To all the nutswinging "FUCK <BR>>YOU BROKE" robots, I encourage you <BR>>to reasonable debate this. I <BR>>am sending this message out to <BR>>Common Sense. Like Water for <BR>>Chocolate, can't wait to put it <BR>>in my CD Player. <P>You are incredulous! I'm out! Peace!<P>BLING! BLING!<P>I AM BLACK MUSIC <P>"Ima put a curse on you. Might as well cause honestly, don't want no one to have you but me....." Sleepy's Theme <P>"Now, who else wanna fuck with Hollywood Coles?"- Dre/Kast<P>"Guess I shoulda known by the way you parked your car sideways that it wouldn't last." - Prince<P>"If trouble were money, I swear I'd be a millionaire" - Stokely/MintCondition<P>"The quickest way to fire's heart, is through her ears" - fire<P>"But, here I is slaving away for the man instead of entertaining the masses." - fire<P>"Bitch, tone this!" - Stress<P>