Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecthey broke.....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26247&mesg_id=26268
26268, hey broke.....
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-03-00 02:07 PM
I agree to an extent. If you can find your favorite artist's music through the net or an traditional bootlegger, and you can't wait, get it. BUT, and I do mean BUT, make damn sure you go and purchase the legitimate album. Unless artists find a way for their contracts to work more in their favor then the most we as fans can do is buy their albums and support them when they come to town. <P>Maybe, if you change some of your spending habits you will have the 17-18 dollars needed to support COM. Like I said before I feel you, but I believe in supporting goood artists. Plus if soundscan sees that he is marketable then his record label will probably stop jerking him as much. Plus other hip-hop ARTISTS like him will get more support. But first there has to be a market for progressive, positive, peaceful, and pensive rappers. The only way these backwards ass record labels can tell if there is a market for something is through sales. And in the long run if Com's sales merit more label support then he in turn should be able to renegoitate his contract for a better percentage( or something like that, God Willing) and a better overall situation. Think about that.<P><BR>"It's all about the artistry, baby."