Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectTO COMMON: With all due respect, FUCK THAT SHIT!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26247&mesg_id=26247
26247, TO COMMON: With all due respect, FUCK THAT SHIT!
Posted by broke, Fri Mar-03-00 01:17 PM
I own all 3 of your albums that I purchased my hard earned money on. And have seen you live every chance I can get, driving over 300 miles to do so. But I will not go to the store and buy this album. I am sorry you feel that soundscan dictates your success for you. But I do not think you should dare place the blame on fans like myself and others of your music who have chosen to download YOUR album that YOUR record label LEAKED OUT to this audience. <P>Maybe you should have realized that most of the fans on this site specifically, and worldwide generally, don't know that when they go to Tower Records or Sam Goody and spend money on your CD rather than a sandwich for lunch.<P>I will have one of my friends download the album for me and photocopy the album cover and credits. Because there is a bigger issue at hand. The issue is that when I purchase your album, I am willing to bet that more than half of the proceeds go to the the MAN at Universal. I will not stand for that. Call me a radical for believing that when I purchase an album I want the money to go to the artist. So I ASK you, to email me back with your home address and I will send you a money order addressed to you for whatever percentage you and your crew WOULD have gotten from me going to the record store and spending my $15-20 (whatever ridiculous fee they charging now) PLUS 9% Sales Tax in the State of Washington. I don't have all the answers. But I do know that this muthafuckin industry is EVIL. And I would LOVE to be apart of tearing it down and seeing artists represent themselves grassroots style. FUCK THE INDUSTRY, when I download your album for free and do not purchasing it, I'm not trying to diss you, I'm dissing the men pulling strings above you, not to say you are a puppet, but financially, man...Isn't your message more important? It is to me. Don't fall into their trap. If I'm an asshole let me know, I am pretty good at taking criticism. To all the nutswinging "FUCK YOU BROKE" robots, I encourage you to reasonable debate this. I am sending this message out to Common Sense. Like Water for Chocolate, can't wait to put it in my CD Player.