Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectasd5
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26216&mesg_id=26240
26240, asd5
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-10-00 07:32 AM
You are getting called out on this shit BECAUSE you are making the same ridiculous points that many others have made on this board. You want to keep shit underground huh? Is that how it is?? Well I say this... if there's a kid who has never heard the roots, never heard common, never heard mos def, jazzies, or even incubus or third eye blind (yeah steve, i said it)... and i play it... and they like it... then fuck, i've done my job!!! The Roots have provided me with hours and hours of entertainment throughout the years... and my $15 a CD and $20-25 a show is not gonna put all that much money in their pockets. It's not about money??? It's all about the love for music?? It's about both... if an artist is gonna bless us with another album.... they need money to record it... Kelo,Bob Power and Axel Niehaus need to get paid too (engineers)... studios need to be paid for, etc. <BR>That's why i'm on the Street Team... I want other hip hop fans and people who love music (MUCH LOVE TO ALL THE HIPPY CATS THAT DIG THE ROOTS!!!!!! I FUCKIN' SAID IT!!!) to get opened up to this shit. I was lucky enough to get into The Roots when DYWM came out, but does that make me anymore of a fan then the chick who went to a show at her college for something to do... and absolutley lost it... had the best time of her life... went out and bought all the albums... and now posts on this site??? Nah, i'm not. I wanna be down with her... and talk about how ill the show was. that's all... the roots aren't my personal band... and common isn't your personal emcee... and sorry to say... from what com i've heard now... it's NOT a decline from "Can I Borrow a Dollar?" <P>my token long post reply for the week.<P>(((krutch)))(((2000)))<P>