Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectthe thing with dmx...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26216&mesg_id=26233
26233, the thing with dmx...
Posted by koan, Fri Mar-10-00 06:29 AM
...is that exposure didn't really change him all that much... he's still spittin' the elementary cartoonish commercial thug shit he was from day one... his music wasn't watered down with it's introduction to white suburban youth... it's always been meant to be that way... that's what he's there for...<BR>...all the thug posturing in the world won't change the fact that most of the kids that sent x's three albums platinum are li'l white kids from idaho or somethin', y'know?<BR>...<BR>...but i don' think fame would change comm all that much, really... i think the man's prob'ly ready and hungry for it... he's paid his dues, having released several beautiful albums in the past... so he's well deserving...<BR>...and the roots??<BR>...yo man, fuck the roots...<P><BR>...hehe... just kidding... i think the roots continue to get better as they go along... and i can't wait for the next album...<BR>-kevin<P><BR>"without awareness, there is no life... only activity"