Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectyou got me
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26216&mesg_id=26224
26224, you got me
Posted by Binlahab, Fri Mar-10-00 02:31 PM
I talk to brothers and sisters all the time who sit and lament the co-opting (is that a word?) of our music, hip hop...that being said, WHY CANT WE JUST LOVE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE PAID??? that they are making it, that the music the make is going beyond the narrow confines of us, and into the realm of them?? We here in America have to deal with enormous obsticles (i think i spelled both preceding words wrong) the old saying we got to work twice as hard to get half as much...yet we still end up doing it anyway, despite the bullshit!! I remember when Run and nem had Aerosmith on the video, and I remember thinking, wtf...and then the doors started coming down for all of us...now DMX can play his thug stage role all over the place and little white kids in Kansas think its cool....which is another topic (that I'm totally against by the way) my line is love the brothers and sisters for what they are, you aint gotta like it, but you gotta respect it...<P>love is...<P>Bin<P>oh yeah, not meaning to dis anyone, so dont get aggro, aite?