Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectWhat attention?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26216&mesg_id=26217
26217, What attention?
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-09-00 09:07 PM
You make it sound like "Sixth Sense" is blowing up the airwaves. I have yet to hear it once on the radio or see the video. I mean, clearly, for his skill level and personality on the mic, the man should be getting WAY more attention than he is. Whether or not a little airplay will turn Common Sense into Com Escobar remains to be seen.<P>Unfortunately, I don't think there are any radio hits on his new album though. Maybe "Dooinit", but the rest is either too laid back or too conscious for the radio. That's not to say the album isn't good, cause "Illmatic" didn't really have any radio hits either. As much as LWFC sounds like Voodoo, he shoulda just did a "hit" with D'Angelo (a la You Got Me) and been done with it. And how much of a shame is it that he put out the single with Lauryn about a year *before* she did her Grammy thing and blew the EFF up? (I mean, she was big with the Fugees, but after her album dropped EVERYBODY was on Lauryn Hill). If Retrospective For Life was on LWFC and had been released this year, it would have gone gold easy.<P><BR>---------------------------<BR>"when science finally locates the center of the universe, some people will be surprised to learn they're not it."<BR>- unknown<P>"words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them."<BR>- nathaniel hawthorne<P>"whatever happens it was written, meaning God meant it..." <BR>- nasir jones