Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI like D too but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26156&mesg_id=26212
26212, I like D too but...
Posted by nipsey, Fri Mar-10-00 05:32 PM
You can't compare his two albums and various soundtrack contributions to Prince's 20 years of music. Nothing, and I mean nothing could top Sign O' the Times. Prince in his heyday could jump between musical styles so well that it would boggle your mind. Ballads: Adore, Pink Cashmere, International Lover, Scandalous, Insatiable, Do me Baby. Rock: I could never take the place of your man, Let's go Crazy, Electric Chair. Dance: Sexy MF, Gett Off, Private Joy, U got the Look. Funk: Anotherloverholeinyohead, The Ballad of Dorothy Parker, The Ride, Zannalee. Until D could do that I don't think you can compare him to Prince. He is a very good artist though. I enjoy both Brown Sugar and Voodoo. But ask yourself is either one of those albums better than Parade, Sign O' the Times, Emancipation disk 2, or the Gold Experience. It's all good though. No need for animosity for whichever one you like. Thanx for your time. You guys can get back to you flame war now.