Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectYou might think I'm crazy ...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26156&mesg_id=26190
26190, You might think I'm crazy ...
Posted by Wendell, Thu Mar-09-00 01:59 PM
but I've always considered "Untitled" a battle song with Prince! Face it gang, Prince hasn't been himself since Batman. I absolutely thought Prince was the shit until (and including) Sign of the Times, but his decline has been slow and steedy. I like'd a few songs in the 90's but he didn't drop one classic album in the past decade. This is just my opinion, but I'm sticking to it! <P>To me, Prince personified FUNK in the early 80's, but now his ish DO STINK. On the other had, D is FUNK personified NOW. To me, Untitled was a love song to FUNK. Prince has/had her, but she ain't happy with ass no more and D is trying to steal her. Maybe D stole her already and he's asking Prince "How does it feel?" seeing her with someone who is the funkiest brotha out now?<P>Look Players, Funk is like the Heavywieght Championship belt. I can trace it back to James Brown and his band. When Bootsie left James and joined George Clinton, George held the belt. Prince took it from George, but he lost it somewhere in the late 80's. The Red Hot Chili Peppers had it for a small while in the early 90's (with a little help from George, don't sleep!), but the title had been vacant until D took it over with Brown Sugar. D is now the reigning champ! Prince should want his title back, but D's got a tight grip on in now that Vodoo dropped.<P>Can you follow me?<P>Peace<P>Pseudonym-less Wendell