Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBOOTLEGGING YA JOINT
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26013&mesg_id=26150
26150, BOOTLEGGING YA JOINT
Posted by blackfists, Sat Mar-11-00 04:15 PM
AAITE NOW.... COM MAKE SURE U REPLY TO THIS ONE.<BR>Peace... <BR>Common--------- As an artist I am fully aware of how you feel about this bootlegging situation ....I wouldnt want noone stealin my ish either..... but you should know and probably do..... Nowadayz there's 2 kinds of bootlegs.... the ones that pop up BEFORE the record drops & the ones that you can get off the street AFTER the record drops s via our akhi's (if you feel me.... I guess they gotta make a living too) Don't be mad at me, I'm just explaining what happens.... (just like bootleg movies, didn't u rhyme about it?) Now since none of our brothers have access to your joint BEFORE it drops........ I think you need to check your camp. Now I can't tell you who, but think about how many people have access to your creation BEFORE it drops...YOU, the recording engineer, the assistants, a close friend (Man, $$$ makes cats do strange things!) Your label, the mailman or UPS guy that is delivering the packages.... unless you hand deliver them............the people that master the records...... (oh yea your joint is an un-mastered copy so you can cut them out of the deal.....) it shouldnt be difficult to figure it out man.... Plus....... How often do you hafta check in with your label & let them peep it...... This is a business and cats are gonna get paid anyway that they possibly can...... This bootlegging is not gonna stop........... So whatcha gotta do is figure out how you can get paid for it also.... either that or drop your label & record your albums in secrecy...... then sell your own ish on the net or outta the trunk or buy a commercial spot on TV and mail order the ish.... that way you got TOTAL control..... Will it be worthwhile? HELL YEA because you are controlling your own ish.... but then.... the ? is can you survive? sure u can..... b'cuz u can collect 100% of the $$$....... Final word..... Don't be mad at us b'cuz we listenin' to it... (I've heard it too.... & the project is hot.. I can tell that you spent a lot of time & effort on it) Get mad at someone that you are close to, or someone that you are payin.... cause they rippin you off & that ain't cool.<P>As-salaamu Alaikium<P>Black