Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectLIKE I SAID
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26013&mesg_id=26139
26139, LIKE I SAID
Posted by Nesta, Mon Mar-06-00 09:00 AM
>No, you don't have to say it's <BR>>the greatest thing ever. You just <BR>>can't critique it as a WHOLE <BR>>FINISHED product. <P>No one said anything ofthe sort..not most folks anyway<P>You can critique it <BR>>like by sayin 'From what I've <BR>>heard... blah, blah'. Or 'The unmastered <BR>>version.. blah, blah'. <BR>>But as Jay (i believe) explained extensively, <BR>>that's not what people are saying. <P>Which is exactly what most people were saying contrary to Jay's belief<P>>They're saying 'is common's ALBUM really <BR>>that good', etc. <P>And I like I said, they were responding to the unbelievable hyping of the album as the best album in the last ten years.<P>>And plus, it IS different because if <BR>>you say that it's a great <BR>>album, it can only get better <BR>>mastered. If you say it's a <BR>>weak album, then, you don't know <BR>>if it is until you hear <BR>>the whole finished product.<P>AGAIN. NO ONE, NOT ONE SINGLE PERSON even hinted that the album was less than good. NOT ONE PERSON.<P><BR>Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the motherfucker upside the head...