Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectExcuse me......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26013&mesg_id=26058
26058, Excuse me......
Posted by fire, Fri Mar-03-00 07:54 AM
<BR>why not take political <BR>>stands that mean somethin and do <BR>>somethin about it like other groups <BR>>like U2 or Rage Against the <BR>>Machine? <P>You know how much money U2 has! Don't give me this shit! They got money from the days when the internet was unheard of. I saw the Zoo TV tour six times! Six motherfucking times. U2 has hundreds of millions of dollars, they can "afford" to be extravagant. Plus, they probably have alot more points on their albums than your average rapper. And if I'm not mistaken, they went IPO? (I'm not sure I'll look into it)<P>And I'm not being funny or anything, but these groups have a larger white fan base which equals larger green money. sorry, but I was a broke ass student too. When Nate and Judy wired me money or put some in my account. Guess where the first place fire would go? The Wiz. Every week. You can't love music and hate it at the same time. You can't ask for the upliftment of the artform and not help artists' out who are really trying to make this music business less "shiny". So stop crying, stop bootlegging and buy his fucking album. And don't encourage people that bootleg by not checking them on it.<P>My boyfriend got mad at me cause I wouldn't watch a bootleg of Belly with him, sorry but I'll rent it before I watch it on bootleg. (And he's a rapper that would be real pissed if someone bootlegged his stuff. Had the audacity, when I first met him, not to let me "hold" his stuff so I could listen to it. Hypocrite!)<P>BLING! BLING!<P>I AM BLACK MUSIC <P>"Ima put a curse on you. Might as well cause honestly, don't want no one to have you but me....." Sleepy's Theme <P>"Now, who else wanna fuck with Hollywood Coles?"- Dre/Kast<P>"Guess I shoulda known by the way you parked your car sideways that it wouldn't last." - Prince<P>"If trouble were money, I swear I'd be a millionaire" - Stokely/MintCondition<P>"The quickest way to fire's heart, is through her ears" - fire<P>"But, here I is slaving away for the man instead of entertaining the masses." - fire<P>"Bitch, tone this!" - Stress<P>