Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjecttell me somethin...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26013&mesg_id=26057
26057, tell me somethin...
Posted by ScratchHTT, Fri Mar-03-00 07:46 AM
Com, what kinda car(s) you got?<BR> I'm drivin a 90' Lumina with a messed up transmision so i'm burnin twice as much gas.<P>You got heat in your crib??<BR> Oh i was just askin cause occasionaly I don't.<P>Do you work a full time job and go to College?<BR> Yep, you guessed it...thats me again :)<P>Do you have heath care or enough money to pay for it??<BR> Who me? na, I don't...I gotta pay cash for my medical...still payin off bills from when i was in the hospital in sept. of 97. We need that universal health care.<P> But even though I gotta save up to buy a new car and continue to pay for school, I'll shell out 15 'ones' to help you in your struggle cause i'm a "true fan". It all works out well doesn't it?<P> Oh no, a person in my situation would never think about buying a burned cd for $5 cause I wanna own my own copy of the credits and shoutouts!<P> But on a serious note, you ask for so much support from us...which you do receive...what do we get in return(besides the product). I mean, athletes make millions and they give back a great deal to their community(a lot of them atleast). You rhyme about all these strugles you and your people face, but what have you guys invested in trying to abolish those strugles? I'm not critisizing, just asking. And this question is to all hip hop artists out there...why not take political stands that mean somethin and do somethin about it like other groups like U2 or Rage Against the Machine? Sorry to say, but as much as I truly love you guys, you don't use your power you have behind a mic for worthy enough causes. Think about that...