Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectI agree with you sis
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26013&mesg_id=26050
26050, I agree with you sis
Posted by mikaela_h, Fri Mar-03-00 05:11 AM
I don't even like dubbed things, although I have accepted them in the past and someone is going to send me some dubbed stuff soon, I am really against people downloading music off the net and not buying the album....all those that were worried about whether or not the roots were gonna win a grammy should ask yourself whether or not you bought the album, if you did then you could have a bit more confidence, if not, then that purchase could have been what tipped the scales, but you blew it....ever wonder why so many hip hop artists never get their just due? look a the shit you downloaded instead of buying and you'll have your answer....I will disagree with comm on one point though, I don't think that purchases determine whether or not you are a true supporter of the art form, man needs to eat before he can do anything else, it's one thing to support the music and then it's another to support the artist, when you support the artist you buy their shit, and show your love...but there really is no obligation...my thing is, there shouldn't even be full tracks out there on the net, most stores will allow you to listen to the album before you buy it and if someone really wants to listen to the music they can do it that way...I will be buying your album on the 28th because I support you and progressive hip hop, not out of an obligation to show my respect and appreciation of the artform....<P>*****************************************************************************<P>eff a serious quote for a minute, these two are hilarious.....<P>"if your mind can see it then your vagina can achieve it"---Jumecca's advice on how to get layed in the 2000<P>"God don't like ugly people, and those mufucka's are going to hell with gasoline draws on"---Heavenlei