Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectSimply not true bruh!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26013&mesg_id=26040
26040, Simply not true bruh!
Posted by Nesta, Fri Mar-03-00 03:42 AM
We support your music for real. And I'm trying to hear this y'all not really gonna buy it stuff. If I heard and it was wack (Which it isn't) I sure as hell wouldn't buy it. And I could also go the the CD Listening station at Towers or HMV and listen to it before I bought it too, in order to make a judgement.<P>I've said it before and I'll say it again. MP3s are SAVING some hip-hop groups. If it wasn't for MP3s, I'd have absolutely no idea who Slum Village, Jurrasic 5, Dilated Peoples, Lootpack are. MP3s gave me the chance to herar them and check for them.<P>D'angelo had mp3s out (not the whole album like LWFC) and a whole bunch of people had a CD copy of the album for months and he did over 300,000 units the first week and is platinum. When I let people hear the D mp3s I had people starting crying damn near feenin for the album and were the first ones in line buying the album the day Voodoo dropped.<P>Com, your last two albums didn't sell over 500,000 untis combined and MP3s weren't the reason because they didn't even exist. I know for a fact three people r gonna buy your album now cause I let them hear the MP3s. These folks weren't necessarily even checking for you before I played them the MP3s.<P>If you want to talk about bootleggers then fine. But bootleggers have always been and will always be with or without MP3s. There's so much of your music I would have never heard if it wasn't for MP3s like The Bitch in You and various remixes because those joints aren't readily avaialable anywhere. You ever try and find that Relativity Assault Compilation? Good luck.<P>I know its your work and you want to fully benefit from it, but MP3s are not the evil empire heads ae trying to make them out to be. If MCA does right by you and properly promotes and markets you, your album will get the props it deserves. The folks that make MP3s when the real album drops and not buy it had no ntentions of buying it anyway.<P>I'm done defending MP3s. MP3s FOREVER!!!!!<P><BR>Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and pimp-slap the motherfucker upside the head...