Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectall homeboy was saying was...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=26013&mesg_id=26023
26023, all homeboy was saying was...
Posted by guest, Sun Mar-05-00 11:43 PM
>Y'all need to understand that for an <BR>>artist, purchasing his "work" is what <BR>>get's him paid and makes him <BR>>identifiable. No other bullshit than <BR>>that. Y'all betta take your <BR>>financial aid, save it, and buy <BR>>the damn album, just like I <BR>>did in college when i bought <BR>>the Roots and Common. Shit <BR>>ain't changed. <P>chill guy. I hope Com DOES understand that if one has the opportunity to download the unmastered version then, if one has been HYPED for years to hear the next Com joint, one is going to give in to the temptation download it... but that is NOT an indication that they won't shell out the cash for the final product. Man ... if Com invited you to chill in the studio and hear the album being recorded and mixed down live for free... would you do it? Or refuse saying you didn't want to cheat Com by peepin his new music for free before it comes out? I suspect 90% of the cats in here dissing the mp3 downloaders are cats who don't have fast enough connections or the right knowledge to download the mp3's... so they think they're all special not listening to the LP and all... when if they had half a chance they'd be downloading and listening in a SECOND if they could. Anyways, point is, Com has a right to be upset... all artists have had to deal with bootlegging since long time... and no doubt the mp3 scene makes it even more of a problem... but Com SHOULD also recognize that most of the cats (obviously with some exceptions.. including those who claim they bootleg mp3s to hurt "the man") who are dedicated enough to be posting on the okayplayer site are also dedicated enough to BUY the album when it comes out EVEN THOUGH they couldn't resist the temptation of downloading it off the net ....<P>peace<P>QUIZ<P><BR>