Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectBring it on !!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25943&mesg_id=26008
26008, Bring it on !!!!!
Posted by ABACUS, Mon Mar-13-00 10:23 AM
Son-first of all, you got the audacity of putting down Malik, and the nerve to try to serve me up a redundant response to my thread. Well, let's see, you proclaim that Malik is only a talented freestyle lyricist, and you also claim that his verses are only average at best, or maybe enven below average. That's completely non-cipher, son. Let me hit you off with a lineage of his accomplishments: "Organix" album (Remedy Records 1993)-Malik kills it on "The Session", "From the Ground Up ep" (Talkin' Loud/Geffen 1994-the HARDEST Roots album to find-even ?uestlove asked me where I got this shit)-Malik does adequate work on "It's Comin." I'm not even going to mention the other four albums since my brethren covered it all, so i'm going to hit you off with some more jewels from the enigma we know as Malik.<P>"Meiso" DJ Krush (London/Ffrr/Mo Wax 1995)-Malik destorys the microphone on this joint with lines like: "Can I get a witness to dismiss Christmas, from the mythless, man that's bogus, I try to remain focused", and "Ill elements, drop intelligence, Black Thought, Malik B, fuck other aerial events".<P>"Kollage" Bahamadia (Chrysalis 1995)-On "Da Jawn" where Malik drops a non-stop barrage of lyrical wisdom for the listeners: "Most of y'all niggas with your legislation, revoke your recitation, and continue with my recitations." "Icons, I will just strangle just like a python, your less than shit, I'll desolate like Saigon." "Now we can talk with tongues, and spark with the guns, whatever you want it, Allah protects me when I'm confronted."<P>Not to mention the numerous Proceed Remix joints, and his attributions to other gems. Word life-I respect your opinion, but when you bring it to cat like me, come clean, or don't come within my cipher at all.<P>"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun" Mao Tse-Tung<P>"For whom do we aspire to reflect our own people's death?<BR>For whose entertainment shall we sing our agony?<BR>In what hopes, that the destroyers aspiring to extinguish us, will suffer remorse at their own fantastic success?<BR>The last imbecile to dream such a dream is dead, killed by the saviors of his own dream." <P>Ayi Kwei Armah<P>"Decipher prophecies on inane species"-Asian Disciple of Original Mindstate<P>Abacus-also known as Flo Brown's numero uno fan !!!!!!!!