Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectTry this...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25943&mesg_id=25984
25984, Try this...
Posted by ScratchHTT, Thu Mar-02-00 09:06 AM
I agree with you on the lyric tip, but seriously, no one out there writes so well that they have perfect lyrics everytime...thats imposible<BR>Do everyone a favor. Make a list of who you think are the top 5 MC's of recent years.<P>Then you'l see how if someone puts their mind to it, they can disect anyone's written lines and find crazy flaws. Sometimes you gotta sit back and judge an MC on wheather or not he can make your head nod. Malik can do that a lot more often than not. I might be the only one, but at times, Malik gets me goin more than BThought. In my eyes, he doesn't get the credit he deserves.<P>listen to him on "Da Jawn" w/ bahamadia...he rips it on that ish...except for the line talkin about "if your girl cooch stink...masengil"<P>Plus, malik has a nice ability to mix in Arabic in his lyrics...and the words make perfect sense in relation to waht he's talkin about.<P>for example:<BR>"that shits deader than, niggaz wit a mortitiona'<BR>a 'jenaiza'...." <BR>jenaiza meaning funeral in Arabic of course<P>But I guess i must respect your opinion cause in the end thats all that is...in my opinion Malik delivers as well as Thought and Dice isn't at their level yet. Without malik, it just wouldn't be the same...even you would realize that if ever an album was put out without malik.<BR>Purest example of that is most of the Roots' shows...never as good as they could be if Malik doesn't perform.<P>"you start to die the day you are born" - one of the black guys in The Renaissance Man