Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectAn okayteacher's lesson
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25943&mesg_id=25983
25983, An okayteacher's lesson
Posted by LmaniV, Thu Mar-02-00 08:19 AM
See now here I am on my lunch break at school and it seems that the Okayteacher has to give an Okaylesson to some of yall youngins! (just jokes but I am on lunch now)<P><BR>Two points to make here:<P>Point 1: Micha you are right in the sense that you have the right to voice your opinion and that those who disagre with you should use a higher form of intellect in debating your postion and opnion on the skill level of Malik B. <P>Point 2: I still though disagree with you on the skill level of Malik B. Reason being is that Mailk B does say alot of deep and signifigant mind blowing rhymes on the Roots albums. Now forgive me but I dont remember they lyrics verse by verse-but ill try at least to explain my point.<P>For starters I think Malik shines best not on TFA but on Illadelph Halflife (thats another debate for another time). Listen to songs such as "It Just Dont Stop" and "Episodes" his verbal depiction of life is one which comes through as both dark and eery while being razor sharp lyrically at the same time. To me he mostly shines on "No Great Pretender" And if you listen closely all his rhymes do make sense. This personally is my favorite Roots track because it hits hard for us Black Militants in the truest sense of the word in our fight against those who look to Pretend to be our allies and friends in the struggle for equality. His depiction of many of the false images and fale information is stirring.<P>Once again its just my opnion but I think that you need to take a deeper listen to what Malik says on ALL his songs not just a few and I think you would see a differnece.<BR>But like I said, its just my opnion.<BR>Peace<BR>L'mani aka "Mr. Viney-The Okayteacher"<BR>