Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectYou gotta be smart
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25905&mesg_id=25919
25919, You gotta be smart
Posted by fire, Mon Mar-13-00 08:35 AM
I've seen artist's with $150,000 advances spend that money in a few months. I've seen $10,000 get stretched across a year. Don't think that money lasts forever, it costs so much to live nowadays. Especially if you wanna look "jiggy", you're in trouble. That's why I'm amazed with the number of artists' flossing and having to HAVE the latest designer digs. Eff that! Thrift store till I die! Outlet malls till I'm reincarnated. <P>Oh, and alot of people don't know that alot of your shit, if fronted by your record company, from advances to limo rides, are "recoupable". Translation, you gotta pay it all back! And they have CPA's on duty 24-7 making sure everything is accounted for. Do I really wanna be an artist?.........<P>BLING! BLING!<P>I AM BLACK MUSIC <P>"Won't you spend the night quit playing withn me" - Mint Condition<P>"Don't be lonely, you're not the only one who's heart's been broken too" - Cameo<P>"I imagine my heart with you, see what imagination it can do." - EarthWind&Fire<P>"Thoughts of pretty you & me, erotic city come alive" - Prince<P>"You can't fade me!" - Ice Cube<P>"Don't let your mouth write a check your butt can't cash!" - My Mommy<P>"Why does my negative change when I thought I would never" - Maxwell<P>OKAYPLAYER.COM, the meanest place on earth.