Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectin my humble opinion......
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25788&mesg_id=25857
25857, in my humble opinion......
Posted by RamXL, Fri Mar-24-00 05:20 AM
i was listenin to TFA this mornin.....and LWFC is nuthin like TFA..........sure soulquarians did voodoo....they did LWFC, so there will be similarities, but rather than sayin its repetitive, or not innovative, how bout they are establishing a sound in black music, that is not present in anyway......<P>you can never replace MPC's etc. but understand that with samplin laws, most cats that used to use samples, are no where to be found....so the musicians take place of the instruments, and create the breaks themselves, or chop em and replay em so no one can figure em out....thas creativity....i challenge yall to tell me the sample Jay used in "Aphrodisiac..." or did he use one at all?? thas innovation and grotesque creativity if you ask me....<P>its a different sound, like ahmir said, singin on a hiphop record acts as cryptonite for a lot of "heads"....the same heads that think Ghost's lyrics make sense, and that his album was brilliant.....<P>and you cant say that "LWFC dont sound like a com album" cause com dont have a sound....Res, sounded totally different from Can I......One Day sounded totally different from both those....and now LWFC sounds totally different from the other 3....so where or what exactly is "com's sound"?!<P><BR>One Love<BR>RamXL<BR>(beat junkie)<P><P><BR>"I think that the isolation mentality in hip hop, which comes from the thug mentality, and which comes from the capitalist mentality, is tearing apart the fabric of the community" Bobbito<P>