Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectuhm...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25788&mesg_id=25828
25828, uhm...
Posted by bfnh, Thu Mar-23-00 09:07 AM
>understand me when i say i <BR>>am an okayplayer, but i'm not <BR>>a dick rider. i don't want <BR>>to say this but, FUCK A <BR>>SOULQUARIAN <BR>><BR>ditto - i to could care less about another man's phallus, and the only thing that makes me an okayplayer is that other's refer to me as such. so i understand your point. however, sarcasm doesn't translate over the internet at all. just an fyi for future reference.<P>>but i expected him to step <BR>>it up. songs sound too similar. <BR>><BR>we'll have to agree to disagree. i disagree with this. i feel this is a tremendous step above bs, i didn't even appreciate bs until i heard voodoo. i mean, i listened, but it wasn't like i cared that much until this new sound.<P>>why stick to using the same <BR>>instruments if you can't make those <BR>>instruments sound new or fresh every <BR>>track. <BR>><BR>that's a very weird statement dude. uhm, are you being sarcastic? or uhm, please explain a little more, i'm needing more info for any intelligent discourse to take place.<P>>do the soulquarians believe they have the <BR>>perfect formula for creating hip-hop soul? <BR>><BR>i believe that when i have explosive diarrhea, and can't make it to the toilet, while it flies from my ass and splatters against whatever 2 or 3 level objects are in the area, that it is reminscent of the paintings of the sisteen chapel. but maybe i'm just on my own dick. who knows? point being - perfect formula? their is nuff info on this site (not even the boards) as to how the soulquarians feel about their production. shit, some of it is in text and can be copied and pasted into e-mail to help you out. not dissing you, but is this just another shot, or an ignorant rhetorical barb? i just want to know where you are coming from?<P>>do the soulquarians believe they have the <BR>>ability to produce the massess? <BR>><BR>produce the masses - as in have lots and lots of babies? that would be cool - like little quest babies - d' babies and common babies. it would be like the muppet babies and shit. little plush dolls and shit. yo, can we get some of these in the okaystore?<P>>or are they just cocky bastards? <BR>><BR>da fuck is wrong with being cocky? da fuck is wrong with being a bastard?<P>>to <BR>>succesfully produce the massess you have <BR>>to beable to give each artist <BR>>a unique sound. <BR>><BR>i believe that they do not mean to capture the masses. merely perfect a sound. get it to it's fullest. kinda like how jordan was great at the fadeaway jumper from the right (and left) side of the baseline after a few backdown dribbles. sure he did it thousands of times, but wasn't it just brilliant to watch? <P>i don't think their aim is the masses...imnsho.<P>>i know i'm going to get shit i just hope someone will listen respectably. you don't have to agree just listen. <BR>><BR>uhm, stop dissin' in the begining and just make your points. sarcasm has no place in intellectual debate. none at all. i like the fact that you have this opinion of yours, and am willing to discuss it. sorry that i haven't participated in the common debates, or addressed your common critique. i haven't had the pleasure of traveling to mar 28th in my time machine. however, i'm sure that it will be "hot shit" and we can discuss it then.<P>i await your response.<P>_______________________________________<BR>gray matters!