Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subject"Just got my official "LWFC".....
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25788&mesg_id=25819
25819, "Just got my official "LWFC".....
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-23-00 08:51 AM
Just got my advanced copy of "LWFC" from MCA records (sorry, don't have a receipt to prove it, guess you'll have to take my word) and umm...I'm with you fam. The Soulquarians are getting kinda repetitive. I heard they were working on Com's and D's album at the same time so maybe that's why they go hand and hand. Quest said "Chicken grease" was suppose to be on Com's album which is scary that a r&b track for D was suppose to be on Com's album but it seems after reading the tracking list, that Jay Dee produced the bulk of this album. He did 9 out of the 16 tracks. In Quest's review of "LWFC" he said he thought Com deep down inside wants to be a soul singer, so maybe this is the intro to "Com...the soul singer." And about the sequencing of the album...I heard the bootleg copy of the album and I felt like that sequencing was better then the final version. (just saying that cuz Quest said he didn't like the sequencing on One Day) But hey...that's just me. I think Com would've done better sticking with NO ID and Doug Inf but again that's just my opinion. I guess I just like those sampled SP/MPC drums versus Quest live drums. Just me but my favorite Roots album was "Illadelph" for the simple fact they were sampling. Whether it be sampling Quest's drums or whatever. Illadelph was SO much harder than "Do You Want More" and I guess I just like "HARD" beats. But if Com wants to be a soul singer, "LWFC" was the perfect start.