Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectcome on now.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25788&mesg_id=25799
25799, come on now.
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-23-00 07:19 AM
schizophranic? crying for attention? hater?<P>i love the soulquarians sound initially, but after hearing things fall apart, lwfc, and voodoo i hate the repetition. i know that they have the talent to make every album they work on sound fresh. quest did it four times with the roots. where did his creativity go? i shouldn't just blame quest maybe i should blame the vocalist for wanting a similar sound. like people want that classic premier sound.<P>"a TRUE music listener..." -fire<BR>okay my point wasn't very clear. brown sugar and voodoo do not sound alike and that is not was saying. my point was the voodoo album did not take it to height of its potential. it was funky. no doubt, but i had to force my self to listen to the whole album without skipping tracks. the similarities of bass lines and guitar riffs bored me. now george clinton was funky and he new how to make songs fresh i doubt it was too many people saying "aww that p-funk shit is boring"<P>"have you every used a live instument?"-fire<P>no, don't know how to play any istrument i can't even play the triangle. are you telling me because i can't play an instrument i can't comment on how music sounds it's alot of people out there who diss swizz beats who don't know how to make a track but i bet you don't complain about that. i listen to alot of music and know the potential of a guitar. a guitar don't have to go blink blink BLINK BLIKN blink BLINK blink blink on every song. that i don't see you doing any better argument is bullshit. you don't know my potential. i could be the next jimmy hendrix for all you know. the next michael jackson. but since i don't have my own videos or web site you don't think my oppinion is valid.<P>of course, i just want attention. no, you know something your completely right i'm a hater despite my roots collection, my love for common's flow and lyrics, the number of times i've seen common and the roots perform. <BR>the people who seem to be dying for attention are the people that post shit like "how sexy is common?" "happybirthday common!" "the roots the greatest band to every live!" "they won oh my god!the world has finally seen the light!" fuck that. i'm trying to have conversation and if you read the other post would see that there are people who agree with me. so my oppinion must not be so far fetched. YOU SUCKAAAAAAAAaaaaa....<P>-naeem j.<P><BR>