Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectCom's lyrics...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25716&mesg_id=25725
25725, Com's lyrics...
Posted by spirit, Fri Mar-31-00 05:26 PM
As long as he's on a major label, I don't think we'll hear Com as lyrically intricate on "ressurrection". there were punchlines on there that I was still catching *months* after I purchased it (one didn't strike me till 97).

basically, Com's focus now seems to be writing solid songs. "a song for assata" was an excellent exercise in songwriting. i admire that as much as triple meaning lines, and it takes as much skill.

IMO, com wasn't as good a songwriter on "resurrection" as he is now ("i used to love h.e.r. excluded)...his topical songs, to me, are better written post-resurrection (see "retrospect for life", 'geto heaven', '...assata', the stolen moments series ).

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

DC folks, watch dead prez on "Spread Love", Monday April 3rd, 10:30pm, Channel 25 District Cablevision or Channel 10 Starpower (re-airs that Friday at 9:30). It's my video show.

Peep Flo Brown the week of April 9th (on Monday and Friday, same time and channel as above)

Peep Jaguar the week of April 16th (same time as above Monday and Friday).

get the idea? the show airs twice a week, mondays and fridays. peep game. ;-)

SUPPORT DEAD PREZ, ALBUM IN STORES NOW!!