Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectGood Looking to Everyone
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25505
25505, Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 05:28 PM
Thanks & Peace to everyone who went out and supported/purchased a copy of LWFC this week. There has been a lot of great energy & response for the record. I am also pleased that the album is provoking dialogue on LWFC's various lyrical & musical themes. I appreciate all the positive feedback from this album and thank the OKP's for welcoming my musical growth. For those that feel a little disappointed, you don't like it, you don't like it, that don't mean that your hatin'.
I especially want to thank my people in Chicago that have taken the time out of their schedule to come holla at me at my instores this week and called in to WGCI on Monday. Big Up to Mike Love and the Diz @ WGCI for giving me the platform to expose my album and thoughts to my hometown audience....Much Love !

Buy the album: Like Water for Chocolate.
25506, Thank you for making A Song For Assata! n/m
Posted by Improv, Wed Mar-29-00 05:30 PM
It has been written...
Improv!?
aka DestroGold (though this dude is silver :-))
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Lot/9746/Joepage/charpics/destro.jpg

***announcement!***
The Improvian One has a poetry reading at the Ghetto aka the job aka the 96th Street Library (96 btwn Lex and Park, NYC). It will take place on the 22nd of April (a Saturday) at 2pm. Admission is Free (WOW!). We may have pie and punch, but I doubt it...Come and support if you can, if not send me a damn e-card, ya rat bastard :7. Hmmm I wonder if I still have to work....

"...You deserve to be slapped upside the head with a d*ck."---Tinyteanie

"To me hip hop is about discovery-it's not about sitting on your ass and listening to a radio station. It's about going out and trying to find different shit that's not available for the masses."---Bobbito
25507, Thank you for making A Song For Ass!
Posted by BrainChild, Wed Mar-29-00 05:47 PM
sorry... i thought it was funny (see Prov's subject in the TOC)

ummm... Com... I told you i'd buy the album.. you got the picture I sent, right? i was the smart ass one who just sent in a picture with the note "and i had the mp3s too..."

:)

--me--

"no ride camel. me ride ass." -- john shaft

"i'm famous. ain't that a bitch?" -- thelonious monk

http://www.thejawn.com/brainchild/
http://www.thejawn.com
25508, *n/m* BWHAHAH Brain!
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 07:09 PM

25509, Yes! Respect on the Assata song!
Posted by spirit, Wed Mar-29-00 07:02 PM
I read Assata's autobiography years ago. A very powerful sister. Everyone should peep that book. Thank you, Com, for exposing her to folks who might not have heard her legacy.

ps: Everyone peep out "A Taste of Power", Elaine Brown's autpobiography. She was Chairman of the Black Panther Party for several years. Her story is fascinating. I've been told that the Panthers averaged a 60% female membership...that doesn't get mentioned often...the role of sisters in the struggle is INVALUABLE.

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

DC folks, watch dead prez on "Spread Love", Monday April 3rd, 10:30pm, Channel 25 District Cablevision or Channel 10 Starpower (re-airs that Friday at 9:30). It's my video show.

Peep Flo Brown the week of April 9th (on Monday and Friday, same time and channel as above)

Peep Jaguar the week of April 16th (same time as above Monday and Friday).

get the idea? the show airs twice a week, mondays and fridays. peep game. ;-)

SUPPORT DEAD PREZ, ALBUM IN STORES NOW!!

25510, How did you do that?
Posted by Hot_Damali, Thu Mar-30-00 03:49 AM
How did you post the photo

Or is it a secret...

Damali (I know you like secrets)

Veronica801 - AIM screen name

Tell me what you thought I thought you thought I thought. - Maxwell
25511, Read 5 Finga Discount
Posted by chocolateboywonder, Wed Mar-29-00 05:32 PM
It's all love. No problem. I just want you to know that I'm broker than J.O.E. with no J.O.B. And I'm about to charge two copies of your LP on vinyl. I tell you, I need to start hanging out at the radio station on campus so I'll at least have some change to buy wonder bread.

one love

fwmj:frankwilliammillerjunior:chocolateboywonder

http://newelement.org/frankie/
http://tofproject.org/
http://crooklyndodgers.com/ - soon
25512, No, thank you!!
Posted by conshus, Wed Mar-29-00 05:52 PM
Thank you for saving me from spending my money on some dumb ish. The CD is EXTREMELY NICE, a lot of SOUL. It has to be one of the illest CD's I've bought in a while. Just writing to show my appreciation. Keep making good music. By the way, when you coming to Orlando, Fl. to rock it?

peace peace.

P.S. Although this CD is ill as hell, "Gaining One's Definition" is still my joint.

conshus
Official UJE Delegate
http://www.ujempire.com
25513, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 06:03 PM
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!
Man I'd buy 2 CD's, one for the crib and one for the whip. What is I would if my broke ass had a car.
thanks for the music

peace
jihad

"You Can Kiss My Ass And Write A Love Song About It" Free Keith

"I'm your boss/ the one that pays you/9 to 5 all ducks are hired" Kool Keith

"in this never ending battle of three's/ niggaz magazine writers emcee" Common "waitfodaalbum" Sence

I'm fighting a holy war in the mental" Poetic

JohnPhlow AIM
25514, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by xangeluvr, Wed Mar-29-00 08:39 PM
i did buy two copies. car and home. No thanks needed here Common. i want to thank you for this album and for letting us get to know you and your musical/spiritual/personal growth through your music.

"Sparkles, professional male model." - handsome boy modeling school
25515, You Know It's the Jawn
Posted by bshelly, Wed Mar-29-00 06:04 PM
Damn you soulquarians. Every time I listen to it, I'm getting more out of it.... It's fabulous. Thank you.

Anybody think Com can break D's thank you record? Or get with 100 responses?

Bryan
aim=bshelly24

"My restlessness is my nemesis"
---Mighty Mos

Are you a rockandrollkayplayer? Come see my band!! Yell at me for tickets!!

Hite Nine
April 30
Trocadero, Philly
25516, RE: You Know It's the Jawn
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 06:16 PM
com, the album is some crazy shit, i love it. and i'm happy to see i'm not the only one to spend my last $12 on the album.

(dig your spot on rap city today...like the head piece)

peace

-madmonkey
25517, no need to thank me
Posted by taktiks, Wed Mar-29-00 06:24 PM
i should be thanking you for making dope music. the album is hype from start to finish. now that i have the cd, i have to go buy my vinyl today.

P.S. thanx for putting sv on......it's about time!

"fuck this rap shit I listen to classical"---Baatin of Slum Village

"cause who i'm talking bout y'all is HIP-HOP"---Common Sense

"i'm morpheus in this hip hop matrix, exposing fake shit"---Common Sense
25518, PEACE....
Posted by gravity508, Wed Mar-29-00 06:24 PM
No thank you for blessing us with nothing but the realness...Much love to you...

peace & bright moments

-grav-

"If you're not suitable for the future, you probably won't make it in the present either."- Sun Ra

"Let all the people of the world say what they please, I alone know what I do"-author unknown

"I never let myself go, myself never lets me go, self is where truth is, and where truth is, there is love"-Shinagawa Tetsuzan

25519, com
Posted by qoolquest, Wed Mar-29-00 06:29 PM
congrats dude.

you did it.

again.

proud of you.

love you bra....

now where my money?

THE SOULQUARIANS
chewy (quest).....jan
luke (d)........feb
lando (jaydee)......feb
cp30 (james poyser).....jan
r2d2 (jazzy jeff)......jan
hans (chaos)........jan
anakin (lil mike)......feb

honorary members:
kelo- soulacorn.......jan
common- soulcies......march
erykah- soulcies......feb
zack- soulicorn.......feb

(AFTER SEEING MY PERFORMANCE FOR THE FIRST TIME, MY IDOL STEVE FERRONE EMAILED ME THIS LETTER.....)

Opening fill from "person to person". ....... $100.00
Cute fill betwween hi hat, bass drum and snare ....... $1500.00
Horn line from "Love Your Life" ..... $10,000.35
Breakfast with Ferrone.... Gratis

The reason you are being charged for the horn line is that it was probably your idea to use it!

You da man! Great show! Really nice pocket! Call or e-mail sometime, and take care out there.
818-***-****

God Bless,

Stephen Ferrone.

25520, you should be getting paid these days...
Posted by chocolateboywonder, Wed Mar-29-00 06:46 PM
Produced D'Angelo.
Now Com.
Next Digable Planets! @_@ <---- you are hypnotized and will follow my every command. Ohhhhmmmnnnn....

one love

fwmj:frankwilliammillerjunior:chocolateboywonder

http://newelement.org/frankie/
http://tofproject.org/
http://crooklyndodgers.com/ - soon
25521, thank you com
Posted by d_dog, Wed Mar-29-00 06:46 PM
i can't tell you how much i love this album, I haven't been able to stop playing it. Thank you for making such a beautiful, innovative piece of music, and also thank your father for saying some really beautiful words at the end.

D

"Hardcore style crosses every boundary,brothers that wanted hardcore jams they found me. So Shyne you ain't Biggie, Ja you ain't Pac, lots of rappers ain't Jay, and DMX ain't Foxxx" - Freddie Foxxx

"I think LL Cool J and Canibus are both fantastic!" - MC Paul Barman

"Kenny G ain't got no soul, John Coltrane is Rock and Roll" - Mos Def

"They need to make it legal, before I start barking like a beagle" - Black Attack(For Trooper)
25522, Heat...
Posted by bonamie, Wed Mar-29-00 06:47 PM
Yeah, ur album's full of it....hot ish!!!! Rock, rock on! This better get 122 replies too!!!! Oh and I'm an MP3er too, the cd is WAY better than my MP3 and both were dope! Keep rising!!! :-)

-----------------------
"GG DA GG DA GGGGG DA...yo I'll tell u the rest when I see u"

"How u got high expectations, but got low patience?"

"Everybody's got opinions on the way you're living
But son they can't fill your shoes
Life is made of half illusion, 40% confusion
Whatever's left I'm using to keep myself from losing
You don't know what I've been through
Hell I might go through you
But it's all in my head"- Dre Benjamin

"May your life speak as loudly as your words"
http://home.talkcity.com/reflectionsrd/bonamie

When u have read all posts....
http://www.BlackPlanet.com/Referrals/bonamie/

25523, RE: Heat...
Posted by nebt_het, Thu Mar-30-00 06:14 AM
Aww you aint even mention Bilal!
Glad you got over the fact that I Smut best!!

Hahaaaahaahaaaa!;-)

"you know Lish...you look alot blacker tonight" McFeely to Nebt(at the irishpub)

Aint no stoppin us now!! (as sung by Thought Mos and Okayplayers)

" E El Isum Shil El Eloh El Rahmun, Alazi Izu El Rahummul!"

25524, dammit
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 06:51 PM
good lookin on the cd (promo comin next week, had to cop it 2day). "nag champ" is my shit right now. but now i have this little issue: should i send my chiropractor bill c/o just you or the entire soulquarian crew? my head has been rockin since 4pm today. now i need advil. in the meantime: great job on the music. we need this.
is this the most important hip hop in 5 years?

plaintiff: soulsike
codefendants: com, d, ?, jaydee, james poyser, roy hargrove
charge: willful and maliscious (sic) assault on eardrums not used to knowledge, neck snappin in the 1st degree

soulsike

y
does hip hop
have more gyrators
than innovators?
25525, I'm gonna reply before there's 150 responses...
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 06:55 PM
Yo, Com. If I come out publicly and say your new album sucks, will you put out a dis record aimed specifically at me? Or at least just a verse. That'd be cool.

---------------------------
"when science finally locates the center of the universe, some people will be surprised to learn they're not it."
- unknown

"words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them."
- nathaniel hawthorne

"whatever happens it was written, meaning God meant it..."
- nasir jones
25526, thank you kindly
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 07:03 PM
Thank you Com for putting out such positive music for the masses to enjoy.

Although I miss the disgustingly nice word play that was dropped on your previous albums (especially Resurrection), I respect your growth as an emcee and a human being.

I appreciate all aspects of "Common Sense"....from the sensitive side to the "diss wackass rappers w/o calling out names" side.

Like someone said a while back, the latest album is definitely one that should be bumped while hangin' out with a special lady on a nice afternoon.

Keep putting out the hot joints....I hope the album does really well. I rarely check Billboard Magazine but I will next week to see how the album did.

ez

PS- more wordplay....PLEASE!!!

"You'll be Draggin' Last, while I'll be kickin' it like Bruce LeeRoy"

"I never call you my bitch or even my boo. There's so much in a name and so much more in you"
25527, thanx Com
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 07:04 PM
thank you for a great album... the shit is sweet all the way thru. you're definetly growing as an artist and just keep on puttin out great music. it was definetly worth the wait. ...peace

"Every word i say should be a hip-hop quotable" -- Posdnuos of De La Soul
25528, thank you com
Posted by atruhead, Wed Mar-29-00 07:13 PM
Thank you for keeping real good hip-hop alive. I heard a few cuts before the album dropped, but I still went out n supported. You can trust I'll be buying one more soon as I get some more dough. Keep the great work up, hip-hop feels you.

"Im only 19 but my mind is older"- Prodigy

"Until you can ejaculate properly, shut the fuck up!- fire"

"Throw your hands in the air and wave em like ya just dont care...keep em there, run the jewels run the jewels"- James Todd Smith
25529, thanks common
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 07:19 PM
I can't remember the last time I heard an album this good. I'd say it's the best album in hip hop since One Day It'll All Make Sense. Thanks for making one of the best albums I've ever heard. You've really outdone yourself this time.
25530, thanks and good luck..
Posted by Steve, Wed Mar-29-00 07:16 PM
The music is real,
I wish you success in the coming months.

Peace,
Steve

Your post will get deleted IF you dont read: http://www.okayplayer.com/dcforum/general1/3292.html

Email:okaysteve@hotmail.com
IM:Gigfog
25531, LWFC=Grammy
Posted by Mike, Wed Mar-29-00 07:27 PM
You heard it here first.

Thanks for the props.

'Don't worry 'bout what the fuck I be doin'- Smokey

'I'M SO ANGRY'-My 2 year old daughter Tamera
25532, Good Looking to common
Posted by chillee, Wed Mar-29-00 08:08 PM
Thanks to you common, the morpheus of this rap matrix, for lacing us with some real ish. The album is tight...

--chillee
25533, Eff the Okaystore
Posted by Age, Wed Mar-29-00 08:09 PM
For real, i preorder the album from the okaystore, cuz i want a t-shirt and an autographed poster, and i figure might as well support okayplayer directly...so my stuff gets shipped out on monday, but it sure as hell ain't here yet...and i just have to sit back and watch everyone else praise the album, and reply to common's thank you post, and send pictures of them with their receipts to com's email...while i sit here bumping my bootlegged mp3's...i want my damn 'Like Water For Chocolate'...grrrr

So in my case, Com, its still thanks in advance for making this album... :-)

(yes, i know it said may take up to 7 days for shipping...i was fully aware...i thought the benefits outweighed the negatives...but i'm not quite so sure now...)

Later,
A

"I'm a product of supernatural selection" - Buck 65 "15 Minutes To Live"

"I'd swallow your pride, but i can't stand the taste" - Braille "Ink Blotch"

"Even when you hate me, you educate me" - Cee-Lo of Goodie Mob "Chain Swang"

"A human ain't a human if he don't make mistakes" - Blackalicious "Swan Lake"

AIM:Xfan
25534, I got the LP...
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 08:54 PM
through an OKplayer called Andy Willard. He is going to send me one 4 FREE!!!! He´s REALLY cool, and u should give dat man a shout out. He´s really nice.

luv yo ish. "Dooinit" is da best.

from

Simon.

25535, THANK YOU COM!!!!
Posted by Dove, Wed Mar-29-00 08:57 PM
for making my birthday on Tuesday one of the best ever. I feel like it was love just for me :-) I know your album will do well - it's alllll good !!!!
Dove
~Sheepish Lordess of Chaos~

"Treat a man as he is and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he can and should be and he will become as he can and should be" - Goethe

"Look at the weaknesses of others with compassion, not accusation. It's not what they're not doing or should be doing that's the issue. The issue is your own chosen response to the situation and what you should be doing.
If you start to think the problem is 'out there'- stop yourself. THAT is the problem."
- S. Covey
25536, I Truly Thank Ya Com.
Posted by guest, Wed Mar-29-00 09:54 PM
Thanks for making an album from your heart and soul. I just came out of writing an in class essay focussing on you and your music. I'm pretty damn sure my prof will pick up LWFC now. Your "Like Water For Chocolate" is a classic.

Anyway, thanks for makin' an album that I can play all the way through and enjoy every minute of. And not only enjoy, but inspire. Your lyrics and style of music (especially this time 'round) inspires me to do anything and everything. Ya know, just livin'.

Congrats on all of the success and acclaim your are presently recieving (with loads more to come). Hell of a way to start a new year of your life! Good luck on your future prospects (hope you help out Black Thought with his CD and if ya do, damn, it'll be blazin').

Good luck and peace.
25537, Respect to the fullest
Posted by BeBot, Wed Mar-29-00 09:54 PM
Well Com, you did it bro. You topped yourself...again. I'm so glad Slum Village was represented with such respect and credit. It's good to see the Detroit non-cheesy groups get the deserved credit. And you...you get props, respect, credit, Cool points, pats on the back, and $14.27 of my money. To see my feelings on this soon-to-be masterpiece, feel free to check my post in the "Post all Common album reviews under this thread, please"...Okaystaff person Steve put it up. And I'm sure you can hardly wait to see what I wrote...HA! Alright, keep expanding and PEACE!

"Hook up the beat with the mic and it's over" - Q-Tip

"Life without knowledge is death in disguise" - Talib Kweli

"A rich man is one with knowledge, happiness and his health" - Common

"Mics, I melt them/
When you dropped your album/
Your lyrics, I felt them/" - BeBot

25538, love...
Posted by ILLWILL, Thu Mar-30-00 12:08 AM
>I especially want to thank my
>people in Chicago that have
>taken the time out of
>their schedule to come holla
>at me at my instores
>this week

man, you know we had to support our hometown hero! Yo, I didn't get much time to talk to you today since you were busy doing your thing at the Crow's Nest instore, but this album is the shit. It was worth the wait...even though I didn't wait. It's WAY better on CD than on them bootleg ass MP3's. And fuck the LWFC vs. One Day vs. Ressurection debates. You made three classics in a row, that's all that needs to be said. You get infinite respect from me and my peoples. Thank you for a beautiful album.

ILLWILL
--------

"Nick and Rhome gang up on me on the threeway."--Steve

"LOL..I dont get with yellow men"--Steve

"ok I really need to smoke a butt"--Steve

"It's all about me, me, me, me, me, and I'm Mya with a big dick though and you faggot like Sisqo"--Ras Kass

"What I don't understand is how can Sisqo, who's like 190 in gay years come out with a damn song about thongs and then title the shit 'thong song'?"--Mil

"Sisqo scored a 60 on the Gay Slam Dunk contest... I saw it on GaySPN."--Mil

"Sisqo is a 12.4 on the gay richter scale."--Mil
25539, Damn you, SOULQUARIANS!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 02:25 AM
Damn you for makin my head nod like this!!! Damn you for awakening my consciousness!!!! Damn you for delivering me from the Puffy/Timba-LAND!!!! Com, it's ill. Point Blank. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!!

Much Love,
Mamacita

1--fun, 2--you, 3--me, 4--more, 5 no jive, 6--no tricks, 7--we in heaven, 8--everything is straight, 9--fine, TE-E-E-EN--next week, we gon' do it again! OOWWW!!!" --Marvin Gaye, "A Funky Space Re-incarnated"

"I didn't like the way you were, so I had to make you mine."--Prince "Strange Relationship"

"God is, like, so cool. O.k., just think of, like, the coolest person you know, and, like, God made THAT person!!!" Justine Bateman
25540, Common, gimmee my shit!
Posted by Venus, Thu Mar-30-00 02:38 AM
Sorry I came at you like that outside the Double Door, but you were about to walk away with my LWFC cd. Cornbread or not, you take my ish, and you get the Okayplayer beatdown :-) Anyway, the CD is tight - so many great tracks, a classic to be sure. Thanks for coming out to the listening party and showing so much love to everybody. I will definitely be checkin' out the show on the 12th. Can't wait!

Ni**a you must not knowa me/I'm the mack here/I'ma have you ho for me/ Pimp your punk ass/Have you write me poetry...
Common (Mc Lyte)
25541, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by thebigfunk, Thu Mar-30-00 03:17 AM
Thanks for coming at us w/"Cold Blooded"... that shit is... wow, undefinable. That track hits new levels. Not to mention A Song For Assata... no more.

-thebigfunk

"Good poetry must convey a sense of place, feeling, relationship. A longing, a yearning for something - of expression, of understanding." - Mos Def
25542, No Doubt...
Posted by Jay, Thu Mar-30-00 03:18 AM
No get Derek to tell Cara to "GET YOUR ASS ON THE ROAD!!!!"

One

"Eyes on the prize, eyes on the thighs of Mary J. Blige…"-Common
25543, money well spent
Posted by 360sunsumyea, Thu Mar-30-00 04:19 AM
I am feeling this album...I have to turn the music down and pay close attention to catch everything you say

fav joints:
coldblooded- you sound like you are so into this one that maybe you don't even realize anyone is listening anymore
light- damn, if this don't sound like some ish my man would say
6th sense- "my music...can either fight, fuck, or dream to it" love it for that line alone
assata- you and cee-lo's style blend beautifully: simplistic truth/storytelling with passionate soul
pops- the voice of an elder recognizing us and our quest, just uplifting

Thanks Com

When you coming to Dallas?

"Shake that load off and sing your song,
Liberate the minds then you go on home"
-Erykah off of 'Liberation' (Outkast)
25544, No problem, Common (that rhymes!)
Posted by fire, Thu Mar-30-00 04:22 AM
You're welcome, I'm just glad that stuff dropped, my signature was way too long!

Excellent album, beautiful hip hop!

GET CRUNK!

I AM BLACK MUSIC

VOODOO IS PLATINUM PLUS!

Hell, I wouldn't do nada for a dick.. hell, what's the dick done for me? -Kawright/2000

25545, Shouting Out
Posted by fire, Thu Mar-30-00 05:14 AM
Oh thanks for the shout out on track #3. And just to think, you didn't even answer my post, I knew you were listening.

Bwahahahahaha!

GET CRUNK!

I AM BLACK MUSIC

VOODOO IS PLATINUM PLUS!

Hell, I wouldn't do nada for a dick.. hell, what's the dick done for me? -Kawright/2000

25546, quotable...
Posted by bfnh, Thu Mar-30-00 05:02 AM
"i went from bashful to asshole to international - lover of self"

dude, you're singin' my song again fam. you're dichotomy shows your realness, and that's what i like. however, i'd bust your ass in nba live - remember that. ask around if ya need to.

Posted by mikeONE, Thu Mar-30-00 05:21 AM
Hey Common

Thanx for making this album. A hip hopper with soul Took me a minute to get warmed to it, but now I see where y'all (The Soulquarians) are taking us, and I'm glad I'm there on that journey.

Peace 'n Respect

My jams right now: A flim called (pimp); The Questions, Funky for you; A song for Assata

say No to okayplayer.
okayplayer: it's everywhere you want to be.
did somebody say okayplayer?
there are somethings in life that money can't buy. for everything else there's okayplayer

"I sold my Pumas to get my Volvo fixed" anonymous okayplayer

25548, Always checking for new Com Sense stuff, nm
Posted by Kemp, Thu Mar-30-00 05:23 AM
Stakes are high, like my uncle is/we both got problems he just never confronted his- Common(how true)

This mark asked me if I know his cousin Jimbo/n!??@ I don't even know myself!-Com-mon,"That's my mufucka!"

Supercalafragilisticespealidocious/
Dociousespealifragilisticcalasuper!-
Ghostface Killah and Mary Poppins

Never disrespecting these women cause I love my mama!-Talib Kweli

When you say you're dope that's false advertising-KRS-One

25549, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by nebt_het, Thu Mar-30-00 06:12 AM
COM the album is hot!!
I am so happy:7
It was worth the wait.....I hope you get the results you seek.
OK fam holdin it down for you!
Peace and Blessings Brah!!!

Nebbie~~~~~~~~~~~

"you know Lish...you look alot blacker tonight" McFeely to Nebt(at the irishpub)

Aint no stoppin us now!! (as sung by Thought Mos and Okayplayers)

" E El Isum Shil El Eloh El Rahmun, Alazi Izu El Rahummul!"

25550, Platinum Plus Com!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 06:27 AM
You know it's got to happen! Keep reppin the Chi wherever your journey takes you. Ain't no one madatcha Com, its all love.

C

25551, YO I NEEDED THIS ABLUM THANK YOU...
Posted by LordLadypharr, Thu Mar-30-00 06:32 AM
COM thank you for beening there for your fans to reach out to.
I really love it when an artist makes apperances like you did all week.
I got madd luv and respect for you and what you are doing with hip hop.
I have to buy another album because I'm wearing this one out...

"Liberate the mind and you go on home"
OutKast

"Minds are like parachutes: They only work when opened."
Thomas Dewar

25552, Superb album.... you're the man.
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 06:36 AM
25553, Peace
Posted by S_Ali, Thu Mar-30-00 07:00 AM
I saw you at the State of the Union a few weeks ago but I didn't get a chance to holla at you. My man knew and went to school with your manager.
The album is peace. Inspirational. Thank you for bringing back the one of the dopest female emcees ever, MC Lyte. That joint is hot. Thank you for expanding hip hop also. It's not a hip hop record in terms of what you are used to hearing and what's on the radio. But for me say that it is not a hip hop record is putting limits on the music and the culture. It's a soul record with a brother that's rhyming for real. I guess that's hip hop now and that's peace.

25554, "soul by the ton!"
Posted by KD, Thu Mar-30-00 07:08 AM
thanks com!

with "like water for chocolate", you've blessed us with not only one of the nicest hip-hop pieces, but nicest musical joints of our generation...you've definitely etched your place in "the movement" musically, lyrically and spiritually...i hope you this product brings you the success and visibility that you deserve!...if not, your contributions are still recognized by your peers...one!
25555, You got a gift...
Posted by Zeon, Thu Mar-30-00 07:14 AM
Thanx for blessing the world with this timeless new joint. Well worth the wait. Peace
25556, No Thank you
Posted by Kev, Thu Mar-30-00 07:24 AM
I should be thanking you for meating my expectations on this album.The record is dope.The source has no choice but to break that 3.5 mics limit they had on your material.The best way to do it would be to award you five.

Shit is so bangin niggas say it's gang related-Common

One1
25557, Finally........
Posted by guest, Sat Apr-01-00 05:59 AM
I.N.C.R.E.D.I.B.L.E

--Man, i'm broke (again!) for the next two weeks, but i feel like i'm the happiest man on earth--------------------------MARCH 30, 2000.

--Putain !

25558, La variable
Posted by Kev, Sun Apr-02-00 04:19 PM
C'est un plaisir de te voir entrer dans le monde d'okayplayer.By the way Com once again the album is ill.

You couldn't fuck with the style if you was a nympho-Common

One1 Collise
25559, that joint is tight
Posted by res1, Thu Mar-30-00 07:32 AM
I have to say, I wasn't feelin it too much at first, but it's grown on me- it's dope, com... dope.

--res-one-->
LPP for life (light pockets posse)
peace, okayplayers...

25560, my "you're welcome" is like ziti
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 08:12 AM
but i'm dissappointed. no drugs? no guns!?!? what happened to the curse words? thats what rap music is all about right? jeff found this shit in the right place......

somebody: Vee, if you dont make it as a producer, do you have a back-up plan?

me: no, cause i dont plan on backing up...

P!'s QUOTES TO LIVE BY FOR APRIL:
"If it aint violence or drugs i have nothing to spit"-Sheek of the Lox (an honest man)

"4 1/2 mics is whoa!"-Black Rob

"f**k this p***y! oooh...this p***y is tight baby! f**k this tight p***y baby!"-Janet Jacme

25561, Much love to you Com......
Posted by arkitek, Thu Mar-30-00 09:15 AM
First off thanks for continually taking us to a higher level of musical/intellectual excellence. I know you'll continue to give us some "soulful" shit.
I have to personally thank you for being the one who introduced me to "true" hip-hop. I have been a fan since day one, and will be forever.

lastly.... why didn't they give you a chair at the crow's nest? now i know why you be rhymein' with a back ache.

peace and love

arkitek
*Dante'*

"thinking is more intersting than knowing, but less interesting than seeing" - Goethe

http://www.geocities.com/arkitek_1999

25562, another work of art.
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 09:20 AM
peace.

IM & AIM - Kash2099 (Track Vandalz/Marawduz Camp)

Beware the fury of a patient man.
John Dryen

The great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps the independence of solitude.
R.W. Emerson

"Kiss ma toe"
Dove

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but my learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
anonymous

25563, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by BrownSkinLady, Thu Mar-30-00 09:31 AM
The album is dope! My daddy listens to it..trying to sing like Bilal..hehehe

Herbs belong in gardens~~~~~~~stress

click it! ;-)http://www.volunteermatch.org

25564, Living in Geto Heaven
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 09:49 AM
ayo i swear this album is a godsend too all heads,
especially the chicago heads. cause there's more to life than who got the illest avirex and who's
rockin the illest davoucci...it's about who's got
that common cd?
cause listening to this cd is like eating some good greens and cornbread...can't be the best unless it's made by the best ya heard me.
South Shore representin on the strength baby..
good lookin out com..weee love youuuu!!!!!
25565, no, thank you
Posted by OTS, Thu Mar-30-00 09:57 AM
That album is deeper then don kings pockets, for real. A song for Assata just tops it off. You continue to grow as an artist, and I can't wait to see u live in Toronto, much love.

peace

"i refuse to lose self, in tryin to win fans over" - Com
25566, BUY FIRST LISTEN LATER
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 10:09 AM
COM IS ONE OF THOSE ARTISTS THAT YOU JUST BUY WITHOUT HEARIN ONE SONG.SOME ARTIST, I WONT BUY UNLESS I HEAR IT FIRST CUZ I'VE BEEN BURNT BEFORE,3 GOOD SONGS 14 WACK PIECES.BIG UP TO THE ARTISTS WHO MAKE CAREERS NOT SINGLES ONLY.

"and after all my logic and my theories,I add a mothaf*cka so you ig'nant niggaz hear me"-L BOOGIE

"my rhymebook will be the next bible"-RAKIM ALLAH
25567, thank you!
Posted by royal, Thu Mar-30-00 10:53 AM
the album gets better and better with every listen. I'm loving it....
peace.

my scripts consist of H20, hip-hop and oxygen... --Encore from Handsome Boy Modeling School
25568, keep on ...chhhkaa chhk...keep on...
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 11:28 AM
nuff respect.

25569, thank u for this
Posted by MicheleQJ, Thu Mar-30-00 12:45 PM
i cant tell you how much i feel this album

i would start talking about individual songs but id invariably leave some out...the whole thing is amazing

i've been telling everyone i know to pick it up---sure ive been getting annoying but...but..well i cant think of what else to say...i just want to get out of here (work), get out to my car and put the CD in...going now!

"Well, I like to eat, sleep, drink, and be in love.
I like to work, read, learn, and understand life." - Langston Hughes "Theme for English B"
25570, the best one yet..
Posted by donwill, Thu Mar-30-00 12:50 PM
classic just like resurection..
i hope i know the feelin of penning one classic..
u did two..congrats dog..
keep bangin..

trust me...yall dont want me to post..

HEAR THE JURX!!!!
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/86/abyss_crew_jurx_clique.html

"cant get a nigga like don dime-a-dozen"
-the realest shit cappadonna ever wrote

cunning linguist since 7:25 7/25/99
swass/knownots/SPAS/KOSAT/TOPAS member

Libation Leutinant and one of the founding father of THE BOARDICIDAL MANIACS (TBM)
"it aint safe no more....."

25571, CLASSIC!!
Posted by incogx, Thu Mar-30-00 12:51 PM
No. Thank You Comm for giving us a classic. You took a chance in doing something different than you have in the past and the results were unbeleivable! I also read Assata’s book a while back and wrote about it trying to let people know her story. Your take on it was beautiful. Nuff Respect playa!!

Peace,
Incognito & takin’ it EZ

“you wanna improve the quality of life try respectin’ it”
...talib kweli

“i’m the truth/ across the table from corporate lies”
...comm sense

“cause that’s right...we bad we bad!!”
25572, LWFC is a masterpeice
Posted by Focus, Thu Mar-30-00 12:55 PM
The album is beautiful. The growth expressed on this album, as with the previous ones, is simply amazing. I was a little hesitant to embrace the new production team(see http://www.okayplayer.com/dcforum/general1/3115.html), but they did an great job (I still would have liked to see No I.D. on the lp somewhere, maybe we could could see him on a remix/b-side/side project). Regardless, the new album is going to be in my CD player (and on my turntables) for a long time. Com, thanks for blessing us with the new album (and the old ones too, especially Can I Borrow A Dollar?, it seems like nobody ever gives it props, but it's a dope album.)
25573, Well DAMN!!
Posted by Numba_33, Thu Mar-30-00 01:04 PM
The album just may be too good to get the emotions you want the audience to feel from the songs...shit is crazy man. And Quest...the Femi colaboration is fucking great, especially that interlude before the 2nd track. Beautiful shit. This will definately tide me over til the new Del. Dopeness.

"Just don't cook my bread" -- Del
25574, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by pfunk, Thu Mar-30-00 01:10 PM
Thanks for being a thought-provoking, ever- evolving, gift to the hip hop world. Your contribution has not been over looked!! Wonderful album and its been such a pleasure to follow your career and watch you grow as an MC and as a person. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

R.I.P. - MLR "Doggs 4 life"

"crack mothers, crack babies and AIDS patients/youngbloods cant spell but they can rock u in playstation." -Mighty Mos Def

"Returning violence for violence multiplies violence adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars." Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

peace to man woman and child
25575, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by SkipGotSkills, Thu Mar-30-00 01:22 PM
No question bruh, the album does stink...but it is definetely the jawn. We love you Comm. I think I see a plaque this time around. Another thing...I like dudes like you man, because you really do participate in being an artists that actually posts. I respect that a lot. Take care bruh, peace.
25576, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by guest, Thu Mar-30-00 02:49 PM
Yo Common can I rip it on the b-sides and remixes? You had me rhymin' in my sleep to the beats you and the Soulquarians laced the album with and you provided mad th-thought with your lyrics and your flow has expanded. I love the whole album I played it the whole way through from the second the cd player's lid shut. Thank You Common. You've made me pick the mic up again.

Thank u Common...

Thank u Rashid...

Thank u.

(I'll c'yall in a second...)

WON

NAHUM

"." - !
25577, Thank you for setting a new standard!! n/m
Posted by dafriquan, Thu Mar-30-00 04:51 PM
ONE LOVE

"These words may not be used against me in a court of law"
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Buy two copies of Common's latest, Like Water For Chocolate. One to Listen to and the other one to auction on e-bay in mint condition twenty years from now for about $1000.00!
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

25578, You deserve it, joe
Posted by LiquidDope, Thu Mar-30-00 10:47 PM
It's about time Chicago gave love to it's nicest emcee. People done gone gold and platinum from this city and ain't said shit. Or in the case of Brat on her first album, didn't even want to admit to the world that they were from Chicago. To everybody that got somethin' to say about Comm gettin' too big for Chicago, fuck y'all. Do your thing, Rash. You deserve all this love you been gettin', and then some. We still got love for you at the crib. Don't forget that.

Liquid Dope

PS- Not that it's a big deal or anything, but, why wasn't there a Walter Payton Rest In Peace shoutout in the album notes? I mean, there was a Jordan shout out, and he don't even live here no more. Just wondering.
25579, First time for everything
Posted by Vet, Fri Mar-31-00 04:59 AM
Man I have to buy a back up copy of this jawn. First time for everything. This CD makes my insides giggle. (only way to describe it)

Quotes begin here------

i went from bashful to asshole to international/lover of self... - common

(a black mother's reaction to why a white guy is dating her daughter)
"I think he's dating her for street credibility."

a wise man once said/an eye for an eye/leaves everybody blind/i’ve always listened/but today i’ve grown deaf/eye for an i/i/am preparing to go to war/but i can’t see to find my sword - incogx

But what kind of genetically engineered cyborg are you to remember what you were doing at age 1?!? - Ornery

skidmarks. they're not just for underwear anymore. - crash bandicoot

'i feel you like, tomaz zamot ya know' - donwill

yardicus: hey don't laugh! I can rock the hell out a miniskirt and some "hooker heels..."

yardicus: Not to mention, my superb flynes when rocking a string of pearls...

just think/just think/ what if you could just/just blink your tag - Black Thought HOB 99

bAttlin me is like some KEDS tryna mess wit NEW BALANCES.. -Sporatic

dick hed mcs, wit dem flacid, phalic soundin subjects- one of those jail urine roach xylophone nukkas (jurx-donwill)
25580, No Shecky Shecky!!!
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-31-00 07:47 AM
P.E.A.C.E.

Kats aint ready for this shit Com. A soulafiedfunkee hip-hop album like this.....thats that next level. Beware now cuz here come the biters! Keep raisin the bar god, as long as its funkee its alright OK!

@ONE
25581, Com you done it again.....
Posted by Sunn_Toucha, Fri Mar-31-00 09:07 AM
Music to my ears fam.....okayplayer loves you kid...Nothing but love for the album...keep dooinit!!!!!!!

Sunn Toucha

"I said Im Black Thought,from out the 2-1-5th, maybe you heard about the dy-nasty I DO run with?" B.T.

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word"-Tony Montana,political prisoner from KOO-BAH

" Claimin u got pull when the only pull you got is the wool over your eyes, gettin knowledge in jail like a blessin in disguise...." -Talib Kweli

www.okayplayer.com
givin u the true sites since 1999

25582, THANKS FOR THE CLASSIC
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-31-00 09:26 AM
WHAT UP RASHID..THIS IS OOFUS FROM THE CRIB ..JUST THANKS FOR THE CLASSIC...LIKE ANY GREA ARTIST YOU FOLLOW UP A MASTERPIECE WITH A CLASSIC

...................PEACE
RIP..MRS. SIMS
25583, thanks common
Posted by beatnik, Fri Mar-31-00 11:33 AM
LWFC is your best work to date. I think I speak for us all when I say that your music has given us all a positive influence in our lives. god bless.
25584, one love com...
Posted by illmatic, Fri Mar-31-00 11:32 AM
Peace to you.

"If the streets were college, some MC's would fail." -GURU

25585, Here's how utterly pathetic and addicted I am
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-31-00 02:14 PM
11:30 3/28/00

Sitting in my damn Gothic in Literature class discussing "Dracula" and my mind has left the building, dreamily depicting what exactly the new Common joint will sound like. DAAMMNNN. 12:15 doesn't come around very fast.

Finally it arrives and I know I can't up and leave to Sam Goody because I promised my lady I'd eat lunch on campus with her and some of her friends. Soooo, I then had to play stupid and irritable for 30 min., while the girls thought I had ants in my pants or some shit. I say my goodbyes (knowing I'm about ready to go crazy!) and hit the road, cruising about 15 miles to the nearest mall. All the while I'm thinking in my broke, college-assed head, "What the hell are you doing? Your order for LWFC is coming in a week in a half from CDNOW and here you are on your way to bust out 16 bones to buy the damn thing!" But silly me, I just let it slide right on over my head, jammed into Sam Goody, snagged THE 1st FRIGGIN COPY! (I swear Idaho heads really lag ...it's either you're down with Cash Money shit, or you AIN'T DOWN!) It was funny too, cause that's the same store that I purchased D's album in just about the same kinda fashion. All ancey and irritable. Don't know what the f*** this stuff does to me, but I'm liking it. I've decided to give my CDNOW copy to my homeboy back in Caldwell, Idaho so we can spread the wealth from East to West here in Idaho. Oh, and Comm, thanks for making this shit correct. Damn, Soulaquarians tore this up! ... I haven't taken it outta my player for four days now ... I just can't seem to pick up another habit! ... once again, thanks and love ......... KelMo
25586, "Are you mankind or kind of a man?"
Posted by Tank, Fri Mar-31-00 02:26 PM
Tell your Pop's I LOVE THAT ISH!!!

Thank's once again dear soul.

Peace,

Tank

"Are you mankind or kind of a man?" Pop's

Tank Tee's - The stylish alternative to bougie ass dressing!

"The revolution has tit's!" Nou-Ra

"As do many strong people, she found herself a victim of the tyranny of the weak." Tom Robbins, Even Cowgirls Get The Blues.
25587, 00881119702
Posted by Tank, Fri Mar-31-00 02:28 PM
That's how many I've sold...

Enough to know the bar code off by heart!!! :7

Peace,

Tank

"Are you mankind or kind of a man?" Pop's

Tank Tee's - The stylish alternative to bougie ass dressing!

"The revolution has tit's!" Nou-Ra

"As do many strong people, she found herself a victim of the tyranny of the weak." Tom Robbins, Even Cowgirls Get The Blues.
25588, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-31-00 05:02 PM
Damn Now i feel bad...i still haven't coped the album yet...I know i know...money runnin short nowadays but I'm a save my lunch money allll next week by next saturday i should have it :D and I'll be able to review it, however i don't doubt the hottness..okayplayers come through all the time just as Com showed luv today ain't that sweet :-)

"He done worked a root, deep down in my soul, a sensual spiritual one that completes me as a whole"..--who could it be, but none other than the beautiful, talented, Mr. D'

--new sig coming soon
25589, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by guest, Fri Mar-31-00 05:22 PM
Before, I respected Common as an artist but I never really took the time to study his work let alone buy it but if one of his cuts came on the radio or anything, I'd bounce to it. But after listening to a few samples of "Like Water for Chocolate", I felt driven to buy this one and I love it!!! I love D'Angelo and was very pleased with the collaboration on this piece and well Common, you put it down so hard that I had no choice but to stand up and take notice...especially "A Song for Assata". I was in tears the first time I heard it. So I just want to say thank you for staying true to the art and to the game like the rest of the Okayplayers and please come to Detroit if and when you go on tour.

--Babygirl
UofM 2000
25590, thelonious n#@@%s
Posted by guest, Sat Apr-01-00 12:43 AM
nah, bra. thank YOU. keep growin and innovatin. i might have to go cop another one already. my cd is startin to skip, cuz its be gettin continous play....

-the okayplayer midnight marauder strikes again!

"had n#@@%s nervous when they saw us/ move swift and mysterious/ keep shit low cuz foes stay curious/ actin funny style like eddie murphy in 'delirious'/ test the razor sharp dart throwin sagitarius"
-s t double e l e

okayplayer: "thick is how i got my whole click to sound/ thick is how we gets down from town to town/ if you didn't know this click can't be touched/ if your click ain't thick, you ain't fukin with us"
-d.i.t.c.
Posted by cocoaprince, Sat Apr-01-00 07:56 AM
and still giving love to the fans. that's hip-hop from the soul. congrats common.
25592, Thanks Common
Posted by sjb, Sat Apr-01-00 09:19 AM

I can't even describe how much I love the new joint. You always keep it "Com" and that's how I like it.

Instant classic.

It's one of them albums that just leaves me wantin more! When's the next one coming out?

SJB
25593, The Album is HOT!!!
Posted by guest, Sat Apr-01-00 10:02 AM
*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*~~~~~*
unnatural oracle
seeing a childs disbelief
cold biting limb and cheek
the innocent will no longer respond or receive
only the wind will be the warning...
-mOE®

"Let me circumnavigate your body, mind and soul."
- words from the song 'Everyday' by Jamiroquai

"My father once told me...a man who doesn't keep his word is probably a liar."
-Overton Wakefield Jones

25594, The Album is HOT!!!
Posted by guest, Sat Apr-01-00 10:02 AM
unnatural oracle
seeing a childs disbelief
cold biting limb and cheek
the innocent will no longer respond or receive
only the wind will be the warning...
-mOE®

"Let me circumnavigate your body, mind and soul."
- words from the song 'Everyday' by Jamiroquai

"My father once told me...a man who doesn't keep his word is probably a liar."
-Overton Wakefield Jones

25595, thanks
Posted by emceesquared, Sat Apr-01-00 01:08 PM
Thanks for putting out probably the coolest album I've heard since december... Lyrics are better than ever, and the production is real smooth. Since I bought mine on tues. I listened to it 8 or nine times, almost back-to-back... My reservations to the contrary (I mentioned them in another post), this was simply a hot record.

peace

emcee squared
25596, RE: i thank u!
Posted by guest, Sat Apr-01-00 02:59 PM
good, positive, original, soul music is much needed right now and u have delivered, again! im wishing u much success w this one and hope u get everything out of it u hoped 4-i know i am!

much love
soterion

"c i dont like my mental food n small portions"-jessica care moore

"if revolution had a movie, id b theme music"-common
25597, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by BigWorm, Sun Apr-02-00 05:53 AM
The album is the jawn.

Thanks for keeping it real in the CHI, and all across the map. Y'all are really bearing the torch for true art in black music.

One Love,

25598, A beautiful piece of work.....
Posted by 1Mind, Sun Apr-02-00 06:35 AM
Thanks, Common, for making listeners think and be entertained at the same time. It's truly great seeing you grow with every release, and in turn helping those who listen expand their thinking.

-1Mind

"More than money saved I wanna save children"
-Common, "The Sixth Sense"
25599, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by RamXL, Sun Apr-02-00 08:07 AM
thanks money for givin me the feelin i used to get when i listened to hip-hop albums...thank you

One Love
RamXL
(beat junkie)

"yo you wanna know how to improve the quality of life? Try respecting it" Kweli

25600, I bought it
Posted by Quez, Sun Apr-02-00 04:03 PM
NOW WHAT!

Sheldon Mar"Quez" Rankin
http://www.sheldon.bored.org
click there ===> http://www.BlackPlanet.com/Referrals/Quez/

"oh lawd Quez is here, okayplayer will never be the same" ---- some wise man

"The truth is, my crew is, the smoothest spitters of saliva juices like The Roots is, more Organic than acoustics" ---- Talib Kweli

"No need to mic test, you can feel it in ya chest... yo BEYAAAAATCH, feel it in her breasts" - Common
25601, Doubts
Posted by TotalRequestloveLive, Sun Apr-02-00 04:38 PM
I was doubting you because I thought it would be impossible to improve One Day, but you do it. Congrats and thanks for making a great album
25602, Good lookin' to you...
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Sun Apr-02-00 04:43 PM
Simmply amazing..and the response from all non-okayplayers has been nothing but incredible..hearing you songs at 5:30 in the am on college radio is a blessing:)..props..

Much love,
Kyle

"i always tell people that fame is nothing but a good publicist, while talent is a genuine article..." ~ PoZi

IM: UrbanCowgirlll
25603, easy on tha cussin, son
Posted by guest, Sun Apr-02-00 05:42 PM
I'm lovin' the album. We knew it would be a sonic smorgasbord;tasty as a mustard catfish dinner from BJ's. I only ask that you work on cuttin' down on all tha cussin'. As much as I love your album, my mom and pops(both musicians)said you could've done without all tha cussin' as well. Plus my daughter loves you, but I can't play your album for her because of all the profanity.
25604, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by guest, Sun Apr-02-00 11:56 PM
You know we can't help but go out and support all the great artists. I'm telling mad heads to go cop that shit...you know it's hot. Much love to Common for bringing us some more good shit to listen to.

And for y'all that say I never post here I go again...

Trace
AKA
Karen

love y'all
25605, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by broke, Mon Apr-03-00 08:01 AM
100 & counting...

The album cover alone is priceless...
25606, Damn you, broke(ass)!
Posted by guest, Mon Apr-03-00 08:27 AM
Just kidding. :)

I held off all this time to be #100. LOL! Oh well. I guess I'll have to wait until the next album. Hahaha. Sheeeeeeeeit

*Inet*..."Ms. Alias" to you
25607, This $13.99 should help your Progressive Movement
Posted by guest, Mon Apr-03-00 10:14 AM
HoMeBrO SaYs Common can buy a new hat, or buy some gas money with the $13.99 that some company gave him to buy common's new album

The cd-r I made is now in the microwave, Watch that mofo fry! lol!

Common, keep the mind educated, and you will reaching your goals.

If Common never moved from Chicago, then his ass would never be front page on sale on a target paper.

25608, So Common How much Did MCA Pay WGCI To get You exposure?
Posted by guest, Mon Apr-03-00 10:23 AM
HoMeBrO SaYs all of a sudden them two idoits on WGCI were down with with the Progressive Movement and Common and Promoting his ass like crazy. Mca must of done something, because the last time common was on, they werent all up promoing his album like that.

Get Progressive!

Common is fulfilling his dreams with this album, for sure!

25609, RE: So Common How much Did MCA Pay WGCI To get You exposure?
Posted by Mike, Tue Apr-04-00 12:54 PM
I never usually respond like this but...

FUCK YOU!!!

Obviously your 'progressive' ass does'nt remember when One Day It'll All Make Sense came out and we had...
Common
Canibus
Cee-Lo
DeLa Soul
Lauren Hill (via phone)
Chante' Savage(sang the hook on 'Remind Me')

ALL in the studio promoting his Cd and party.

I already know muhfuckas got short memories, so I know you dont remember us HOSTING that once in a lifetime show at the House Of Blues.

I could care less about your memory or lack thereof...

BUT DON'T QUESTION MY/OUR KNOWLEDGE, SUPPORT AND LOVE FOR HIP HOP!!!

JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT USED TO HEARING CERTAIN THINGS ON 'GCI, DONT LET YOUR SMALL MIND FOOL YOU INTO BELIEVING PEOPLE GOTTA BE ON THE TAKE!!!

Bitch-ass dont-know-what-u-talkin-bout-ass-muhfucka...

'Don't worry 'bout what the fuck I be doin'- Smokey

'I'M SO ANGRY'-My 2 year old daughter Tamera

'It TASTES like Pig!'-My 7 year old daughter Tiffany after eating Turkey-Ham for dinner.
25610, ON SOME FINALLY ISH!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Mon Apr-03-00 01:12 PM
woooooMAAAN...after months of strictly reading post after post after post(Nesta, you CRAAAZY), I am in this jawn like qool quest at the Grammys...decided to test run this joker and see if i can get a big shout out to com sense on some thanx ish....thanx for "Can I Borrow..", "Resurrection", "One Day It'll...", "LWFC" and any and all dynamic duos with the Roots, Beatnuts and a No ID LP I got.....man....you get mad props from this okayplizzah....LWFC is naaaaaaahhhhhhhice....keep dooin' it baby....as long as it's funky....
paz y amor

PS: I dunno how to do a signature yet, but until then, this is in my mental heavy rotation...
"youyouyou you know you shouldn't rhyme like *ugh*...let them pussy ni**az get in your mind like *ugh*.....baby boy you can dooit, take yo' time, DO IT!"
25611, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by guest, Tue Apr-04-00 01:16 AM
I just got my value pack in the mail today, listening to LWFC right now.

All I can say is this album is one of the best, most original I've heard in quite awhile.

Go Common!!!

----------------------------------------
I am all styles, and yet I have no style
-Bruce Lee

The more laws, the less justice.
-Cicero
25612, Yo Looking Forward To Seeing YOU In Houston... n/m
Posted by Finesse, Tue Apr-04-00 05:47 AM
>------Drop the Lady_ For now---@

"If your house ain't in order, you ain't in order" - Toni Cade

25613, Lets try this again....
Posted by Finesse, Tue Apr-04-00 05:49 AM
Ain't that some ish... well Looking forward to seeing you in Houston!!! peace

>------Drop the Lady_ For now---@

"If your house ain't in order, you ain't in order" - Toni Cade

25614, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by L_O_Quent, Tue Apr-04-00 06:44 AM
No prob, I work at Camelot Music in South Bend, IN and have been forcing people to buy that joint. I've been preaching it when our supplier called our manager ask specifically for an in store copy and I play the hell out of it.

Stay up. Peace

Sometimes I don't even know how I'm gonna eat bout twenty dollars away from being on the street - Cee-Lo
25615, Comments from your Chicago home grown
Posted by guest, Tue Apr-04-00 03:07 PM
I would like to thank you for making an insightful album that has me listening to every word. It is a special album that has caused me to turn DOWN the bass and turn UP the treble to make sure I can hear every lyric. (Extremely rare...) Once again, thank you for making this music something enjoyable again.

And thanks for showing a sister love in the Red Dog that night. When you threw up the OKP sign after I did, I was cheesing from ear to ear.
:7

One...

"Rap is outta control...." -EPMD circa 1992

"Uphold your Righteous Name
Skip the fame and f*ck the games
Develop and maintain a sense of awareness without being careless...
A wooly-head warrior such as myself is fearless and ready to expose those
who walk around with their spiritual sides all closed..." -me circa 1995
25616, It's been a pleasure
Posted by Aviance, Thu Apr-06-00 05:49 AM
It's been a pleasure listening to you grow over the years, thanks for puttin it out there for soul consumption.

http://uicradio.pages.uic.edu ~Wed 8-10pm central
~Underground Ambiance~ TUNE IN

It seems cats rather rest in peace instead of keeping it. ~Elzhi, from "These days"

This grown man ain't got no time to play with you Theresa didn't raise a fool, you tried to play me Glen Close now we can't be cool... ~OneBeLo, Binary Star

"If a broad ain't got a mind, a job, a crib, she's useless"---Common

25617, Hot shit!!!!
Posted by J_Sun, Thu Apr-06-00 05:58 AM
Yo Com you said it best right there. Thanks for sharing your gift with us.

There are millions of stars, but there's only one Sun.

J-Sun - Professional Weed Smoker
T.O.P.A. Chief Kneecap Shatterer

"Playin spades sober is like drinkin Kool-Aid with no sugar, u can can do it, but it just ain't right......." - KDfromWestP

"Individuals who are never satisfied with the static standards set by the masses. The masses have always been lethargic. They have always opposed greatness for it is beyond them to even comprehend greatness" - 3rd Bass
25618, Quaid-e-Azam
Posted by krisAnu, Thu Apr-06-00 07:54 AM
Comm, what do i tell you...you are my man, you are my inspiration. this album that you labored to the world is truly a work of God. wether people want to argue over the technicalities of the album they can, but no one can question your soul and your presence on this record...it was deeply felt. shit you had me go out and buy Assata's Autobiography myself...God Bless and may you continue to prosper...

p.E.a.C.E,
krisAnu

"A day is measured by the sun, but the sun was made on the fourth day/ such mysterious ways/ without the sun, man, those must have been some serious days."
- Talib Kweli

"fuck thought, it leads to naught, simply stated it leads to you tryin' to figure me out." -Saul Williams
25619, Com- Can you help me out??
Posted by guest, Thu Apr-06-00 09:04 AM
Com....do you know what time you're planning on performing when you come to Pomona College in Cali on April 15??? I just bought a ticket to see The Roots somewhere else for the same night- I didnt know that you were coming until half hour ago.....help an okayplayer out!!! I want to see you both- I shouldnt have to decide between you- I feel like the mom in that movie The Good Son...could you come on early that night? There are other okayplayers at my school in the same predicament....we're willing to see you and then bounce to San Bernardino to see The Roots........by the way- LWFC is the joint.....it hasnt left my CD player for a week........one love.

"Two roads diverged in a wood- I chose the road left travelled, and that has made all the difference."--Robert Frost
25620, I nearly forgot!
Posted by Nij, Thu Apr-06-00 09:37 AM
Damn, Com! Thanks for the hottest album - i love the new direction and its great to hear u having fun on an album again! U deserve all the happiness and success and gold and platinium in the world! keeping preparing food for thought, the world is hungry! Thanks for Nag Champa.

And thanks for bringing to my attention a cat named Bilal!

Peace

Nij

MIND
MATTER
25621, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by guest, Thu Apr-06-00 09:41 AM
word com, i ordered the common value pack from this here site, spent $35 on it although i have no spending money cause i'm starting a used hip hop cd store here in stl. shit i poured more money than i have into this store, and i still poured more into you, despite having had the mp3s for months, cause that's that shit. i cannot not support common sense, this is motherfucking common sense. lwfc is tight, it is growing on me, but it still (to me) is no resurrection or odiams. but keep putting out the dope shit baby, and i'll keep buying it.

p.c. weese
g a b e

this is how I chill from 2g till....
25622, I wanna see if this post.......
Posted by viagramakesmeimpotent, Thu Apr-06-00 02:11 PM
can reach 200+
Founder of M.W.S
(Insert Comment HERE) We insert all the time
25623, RE: Good Looking to Everyone
Posted by guest, Thu Apr-06-00 02:56 PM
thanks for makin the best album since TFA...

"If I Shine, I Shine. If I Brick, I Just Brick." - Artifacts

"Life is too short to drink bad beer, and fuck ugly chicks." - My Co-Worker
25624, Word!!I love you too Com!
Posted by guest, Thu Apr-06-00 04:16 PM
I just wanted to be the 118th person to reply to this shit! Yeah, I bought LWFC too! That shit was hot. I also bought one for my mom, my dad, my grandmama, my brother, my aunt, my other grandma, my brother's girl, my ex-girl, my next-girl, and the ugly drunk guy who follows me to school everyday.I gotta show those sukkaz at soundscan WTF is up with my man Lonnie! Say Word!

BeeFred

Celebreating April as Wack Quote Month:
"I'll do it to your cat for a large amount"
-Murdah Mase
25625, love album
Posted by reefdogg, Thu Apr-06-00 04:47 PM
trick daddy emcees, don't know nann nigga you can take it where i take it ...

love that shit!

IM and ICQ name: reefdogg1 (number one that the end)

For that real (audio) hip hop Monday nights 9pm - 11pm EST ...
http://www.brown.edu/Students/WBSR/listen.html

"I got so much drama on my mind, REFUSE to LOSE!"

"I circle like sharks while y'all panic / I cruise the Atlantic /
Y'all think I'm spaced out, human from the Earth planet /
That's right tomorrow I plan to boo your shows in the Apollo /
You follow, in the crowd the audience is hollow" - Kool Keith

25626, 120!
Posted by guest, Thu Apr-06-00 05:24 PM
just had to reach the milestone...that's it.

peace

-madmonkey

"I DON'T KNOW KARATE BUT I KNOW CaRAZY!" -JAMES BROWN