Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectOh, man, stop the "cross-dissing"
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25320&mesg_id=25422
25422, Oh, man, stop the "cross-dissing"
Posted by spirit, Fri Apr-07-00 09:00 PM
I notice that when a group one person likes is dissed, they dis someone else's favorite group to defend their folks. STOP IT. We're all, I assume, trying to hear (and some of us *make*) good music. So, if someone disses your people, defned them, but don't feel the need to "cross dis" b/c clowning someone else doesn't make your favorite act look fresher...

Peep the following...

>that's wack..'cause d takes his shit
>off and sells 1 million..y'all
>want to hate...ohhhh...mos def didn't
>do that...so he's better?...I love
>me some mos..his album was
>tight..but was anything "new"..innovative..as far
>as production went?

Yes. I thought the production on Mos' album was very fresh. I like the arrangement on "Umi Says", "Know That", "mathematics" and so on. Don't feel the need to attack Mos Def's production to defend D'Angelo's production. Both men turned in excellent albums.

ps: Mos Def also gets little credit for the fact that he played a lot of the instruments heard on his LP. peep the credits...money is a multi-instrumentalist and he's nice with his. Respect due.

Spread love,

Spirit
www.theamphibians.com

DC folks, watch Flo Brown on "Spread Love", Monday April 10th, 10:30pm, Channel 25 District Cablevision or Channel 10 Starpower (re-airs that Friday at 9:30). It's my video show.

Peep Jaguar the week of April 16th (same time as above Monday and Friday).

get the idea? the show airs twice a week, mondays and fridays. peep game. ;-)

SUPPORT DEAD PREZ, ALBUM IN STORES NOW!!