Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Artist Archives
Topic subjectThe funny thing is..
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=25320&mesg_id=25421
25421, The funny thing is..
Posted by UrbanCowgRRL, Sun Apr-02-00 05:54 PM
I really have a hard time finding much to "techinically" critize what these boys are doing...i haven't read everypost, but I KNOW quest dropped some knowledge.....if you don't "feel" it..fine..but you can't knock the production and mastery behind these projects..the classic.."who else right now is doing it?"

BUT...What I do know is that NOT your average hip-hop fan is taking a liking to D's stuff, Common's new shit..and the Roots..and deep down you haters can't stand that...why else did you come to these boards..buy the albums...support this music.?!?!?!..so that the artist could remain "underground" for life...not be able to help out family or their own?...

and y'all come with weak responses too..
that's wack..'cause d takes his shit off and sells 1 million..y'all want to hate...ohhhh...mos def didn't do that...so he's better?...I love me some mos..his album was tight..but was anything "new"..innovative..as far as production went?...nah...he sang..ohh..so does outkast, goodie mob..etc..lyrics..that's another thread..but your attack the tracks..and that's quests cup of tea...

Y'all need some better supported opinions to change my mind about the soulquarians..(specially hometown hero...Jay D)..and I don't think that will come very soon..

Much love,
Kyle

"i always tell people that fame is nothing but a good publicist, while talent is a genuine article..." ~ PoZi

IM: UrbanCowgirlll